What pub are you most looking forward to visiting when the world is back to normal?

It's a gonner mate, think the council not allowing smoking on the balcony hit it badly and that was before Covid finished it off.
FFS I hope the Lower Turk's Head is revived. It shut once before for a few years but came back stronger. It's one of the oldest pub sites in Manchester and is always busy. It's a great venue for watching TV matches and listening to Northern Soul. It is also huge for boxing fans going to the Arena.
This would be a major loss to our city centre.

FFS I hope the Lower Turk's Head is revived. It shut once before for a few years but came back stronger. It's one of the oldest pub sites in Manchester and is always busy. It's a great venue for watching TV matches and listening to Northern Soul. It is also huge for boxing fans going to the Arena.

Its for sale on Right Move

A few favourites

Bird in hand (Urmston)
The Woodside (Worsley)
The Old Boathouse (Astley)
Sams and Able Heywood (Town)

Was in there after coming back from Annfield last season as decided to stay over in Manchester instead. Fell flat on my face steaming when I left. Glasses phone everywhere and burst lip and bloody nose. Didn't realise it was bad so obviously went for another few beers. Walked into the Waldorf and the barmaid literally screamed .. she thought I had been mugged lol worth it for the Northern Soul tho

Two.
The first is my local which sells one of the best pints of Guinness anywhere and add to that if things keep going the way they are on the footie pitch then it will be lovely to bump into all those Dippers fans.
George & Dragon,Winsford here I come.
And my second pub is where I take the missus for some wonderful food,The Dysart Arms in Bunbury.
Role on May !!

Loads. I can't wait to get back to town for a few before/after a match. In no particular order

The Marble Arch
The Angel
The Port St Beer House
The Castle
The Edinburgh Castle
All the Breweries in town (Cloudwater etc.)

Further afield
The Magic Rock Tap (Huddersfield)
The West Riding (Dewsbury)
The Parkers Arms (Forest of Bowland)
Bowland Brewery Beer Hall (Clitheroe)

A real shame the Lower Turks Head is lost. Hope someone buys it after all this mess is over

This is a great pre-match and post-match boozer with the best jukebox in town if you like 70s rock classics. I have been drinking there since the 70s (though it shut for a while). My other favourite is the Lower Turk's Head. Can't wait.
I've hammered that jukebox over the years. Gone to the LTH a few times over the last few years and hope what's been written about it closing isn't true. For me living on Great Ancoats Street it's difficult to get away from The Castle/Gullivers/The Freemount, The Corner Boy only round the corner too which although expensive is probably the best Guinness in town. I've not been in The Crown & Kettle since the refurb but apparently it's lost a lot of it's charm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.