What season was your first game?

MikeF said:
I honestly can't remember my first game which pisses me off no end. My Dad used to drop me off at my Grandma n Grandad's in Clayton whilst he went to the match and I'd watch the wrestling with em whilst having slimcea bread butties washed down with a glass of R Whites lemonade (which was quite a luxury back then ha)

I guess one of the first memories was going to the Luton game with my Dad where we got relegated and feeling my eyes well up at the end.

The first game I recall going on my own is when we played Cardiff and sitting on the wall at the front of the Kippax but I haven't got a clue what year it was, I just remember feeling incredibly brave for sitting on that wall and feeling quite the rebel!! I'm guessing I would have been about 14 (ie 1985), can somebody throw any light on what year this could have been??
All this nostalgia took me to MCFC Stats website (type it in google!). Belting site. Looks like that Cardiff game may have been a 2-2 draw on Saturday 30th March. Steve Kinsey and Paul Simpson on the scoresheet for City in front of 20,047!

Alternatively it could have been 24th March 1984 when we beat Cardiff 2-1 at Maine Road - David Johnson and Graham Baker for City in front of 20,140!

What a website!!!!

Kinky Dribbler said:
Pagie Jnr said:
First Home Game
15/01/94 Arsenal (Home) 0-0 Thriller i was also 7 then

First Away Game
20/08/96 Bolton (Away) Lost 1-0

First Home Win
2nd Game
05/02/94 Ipswich (Home) Won 2-1 (Lee's first game as Chairman

First Away Win
6th Away Game
05/02/00 Forest (Away) won 3-1 although we won at wembley in 99 on penalties if that counts

Took you 6 years to see us win away?!
Great game that Forest victory though, I was in the home end.

Yeah 6 Years but it was only my 6th away game (7 including Wembley) as my dad didn't go many aways then but yeah great game think we were were getting beat 1-0 as well

1955 I think was my first season, 8yrs old. Used to call in Roy (Nobby) Clarke's sports shop near to the ground on the way to the match. He always had time for a chat before the match. We used to get to the ground about 1-30pm and get up behind the wall behind the goal to watch Bert Trautmann in action. Those were the days.

62/63, I remember going to Old Trafford and Alex Harley scored an absolute cracker at the Stretford End. I also went to the derby at Maine Road that season. I was 9 at the time.

i carnt remember if it was bolton away league cup[ lost 3-0] or sheff utd away drew 3-3 or leeds away lost 3-0 but i think that all those games was in 1974, there again bolton could have been 1973

bluestevei said:
i carnt remember if it was bolton away league cup[ lost 3-0] or sheff utd away drew 3-3 or leeds away lost 3-0 but i think that all those games was in 1974, there again bolton could have been 1973

We got beat by Bolton in the League Cup at Burnden in 1971.(I know the date cos I was still at school and I left school in 1972).
Absolute mayhem around the ground and near Bolton train station after the game.

1982/83 season at home v Notts County. Lost 0-1 from memory it was John Bensons first game as manager after John Bond was sacked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.