What season was your first game?

Not sure who we played but the season was 1971 1972 i was only 11 and with standing in those days it was an effort to see the match espeicially from the kippax end, and if i was'nt crushed against a barrier i made my way down to the wall at the bottom !

My first City game was thanks to a holiday in Manchester with my family when I was 14.
I'd never really watched English football until then

We went to watch City and United as my Uncle had got us tickets

First game
Manchester City vs Queens Park Rangers at Maine Road
17 August 1992
Score: 1 - 1 - draw

http://www.11v11.co.uk/index.php?pageID=536&matchID=20797&sqlID=23&divID=7&seasonend=1993

Second game

Manchester United vs Everton at Old Trafford
19 August 1992
Score: 0 - 3 to Everton
http://www.11v11.co.uk/index.php?pageID=536&matchID=20802&sqlID=23&divID=1&seasonend=1993

The atmosphere on the terraces at the City game was amazing and Old Trafford was eerie and quiet (nothing changed there then) and experienced United getting thumped

So pleased that I chose Gods own club

I am middle aged by the answers here first game April 1982 , 1-1 v Ipswich, John Wark missed a penalty and I thing Asa scored. My first win was a week or so later 1-0 v Notts County Paul Power scored, i don't remember our goal v Ipswich but i do remember powers goal.

Trevor Francis was my hero then and luckily I got to see him as he was flogged a few months later

I was a chelsea fan in 1971 (8 years old). My ma went out to get me a school bag before the first day in my new school. I said "go get me a chelsea bag" and she said "how will I remember," and I said "they are the all blue team". She came back with a city bag. I didn't have the courage to tell her. And have been paying the price for 37 years.

I remember tearing down the Peter Osgood poster in my room, and putting up a Rodney Marsh one. Then tearing it down when he ruined the end of that season for us. And I've been stuck as a city fan ever since. And you know, its all worth it for everything that is going on now.

Always supported them from overseas. Ireland, then Africa, Afghanistan then the States. Never been to a game, and not sure I want to now that maine road is gone, but have gotten up many a night in the middle of the night in Africa or Afghanistan to watch them tear my heart out. I think the first city game I watched was probably the FA cup final in 69, but can't remember.

1977 v Liverpool aged 10, City won 3 - 1.

Liverpool had 7 or 8 England player's in the England team at the time, I always remember coing out and the City fan's singing City 3 England 1.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.