What UEFA Coach attack Investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kick off is 4.30pm on a Sunday, plenty of time for gatherers and people to drink on the streets. Who thought that kick off time was a good idea??? Remember our home match v Everton? Wasn't that 11.15am and only moved due to a high number of arrests in previous fixtures between clubs?
The 11.15am game wasn't moved for that reason. It was meant to be the Saturday TV game but got shifted to Sunday cos Everton were still in the UEFA Cup. That was the only time available that didn't clash with the other games being shown on TV that day.

There was speculation that 11.15am was chosen to suit Chinese TV but I don't think that was ever confirmed. It may have influenced things slightly but the main reason was definitely Everton being in Europe.

Fair play to them for trying it must of been difficult.

It isn't like it was broadcasted live on national media or live through peoples phones or maybe it might of been easier if they had police officers or match stewards as witnesses. It isn't either like they had a record of who these people might be, say a list of people who bought tickets and attended the match....

Anyway I am off to rob a few shops.

Maybe it would also have help if said footage played a significant part in a recent documentary.....

The only thing wrong with this investigation was that it was not done properly in the first instance. I can foresee the same thing happening again when we go to Anfield on the 1st weekend of October unless the police stop the Liverpool fans from congregating on all the roads that leads to Anfield.

If once again the same thing should happen, the FA and the Premier League should tell Liverpool that for the next 5 games all home fixtures are to be played behind closed doors. If we find 1 fan inside the ground you will be deducted 15pts, per fan inside the ground. There also will be no sponsor's allowed also in side the ground. The only people allowed inside the ground are the team and the subs. Each club will provide 8 ball boys to get the ball back to the players.
I know there's some lousy match officials out there but banning them seems a little drastic.

It appears the only victims in all of this are the injured police officers. Amazing that when the Roma fans caused trouble and seriously injured a Liverpool fan Merseyside police swiftly arrested those responsible. YCNMIU

V unlucky that the images were all obscured. Many thanks for their painstaking efforts.

Was the investigation led by Phil or Nige?

Always good when it comes back to bite you on the arse, though.

"One resident sounded emotional when they said they felt those living close to the stadium had been 'left out of Liverpool's plans for more than a decade'.

Another neighbour, Nicola Cotter, said the proposals would take away the only peace she and her family had.

She said: “End of May, mid August is the only respite we have, I don’t want that taken away from us.”

Another said she had been in fear for her family because of the numbers of people who turned up at a recent Champions League match.

These are serious and genuine concerns from a community who need to be listened to.

Judging by the comments made by councillors, residents and committee members today, they haven't been up until now.

It transpired that the committee didn't realise how badly people would be affected by the plans and these factors - coupled with a poor consultation process - meant that a motion calling for them to be scrapped narrowly passed by four votes to three."

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/how-liverpools-anfield-stadium-plans-15081939

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.