What was the most toxic period at City?

Dunno if the Pearce era was toxic, I doubt anyone knows as it was that fucking boring no one gave a shit.

Three genuinely toxic occasions that I don't think have been mentioned

Half Time at Craven Cottage 83-84 (losing 4-0)
Half Time at Edgeley Park 97-98 (losing 3-0)
Half Time v Coventry 00-01 (abuse for Edghill)

Getting beaten and knocked out of the fa Cup by Halifax....I was only a young lad but that along with the loss to Spurs in the fa cup final replay taught me what depression was..dark days for me. Im still having counselling.

Edit; the missed last minute penalty versus Boro? that would have seen us scrape into Europe. God that was depressing.
Think there is a difference between toxic and depressing. The halifax result was a blow to the ego but I could live with that (Pitch was terrible and they had Big Mals hypnotist to thank for the result - should have paid him on time). The Spurs game was the most painful and depressing individual result I have experienced and still hate Spurs to this day - never enjoy seeing them win but you have to be of a certain age. Most Toxic was definitely the Swales out era in terms of clubs v fanbase with alleged visits to his elderly mum. Longest depressing era (or felt like it) was Frank Clarks tenure as I could not see a way back and it came on the back of a run of Ball, Coppell and Neal. Thought Frank was the last nail in the coffin at the time as he'd blown what money we had on possibly the worst set of signings in the clubs history

Getting beaten and knocked out of the fa Cup by Halifax....I was only a young lad but that along with the loss to Spurs in the fa cup final replay taught me what depression was..dark days for me. Im still having counselling.

Edit; the missed last minute penalty versus Boro? that would have seen us scrape into Europe. God that was depressing.
Boro Pen miss, I was listening to that on the Radio & was so frustrated I punched a big hole in the bedroom door, gave my wife a BS reason of how it happened that she believed, we finally replaced that door a couple of years ago....
Pearce era for me, but I think it wasn't just that it was a cumulation of the Decades (1976/77 was my 1st season) that came before with some form of hope, Pearce gave me the realisation that I would live the rest of my life without any hope of us winning a thing or even being competitive, I was done & emotional............

I think the Swales out days got pretty bad. As soon as a game started to go against us the protests would start in the stands. Then we had the Forward With Franny Group who we all agreed with as he was a hero of most of us of a certain age. It has never been boring being a blue even in the dark days.

West Brom Away under Mark Hughes was bad.

Was Pearce toxic? I was so bored at matches I almost gave up caring. I certainly wasn’t going to renew.
Yep the Pearce era was the most apathetic. We probably had our worst ever PL squad. We couldn't score goals. The style of play was non-existent. All the money was spent. Going to the new ground was a really dull experience. And yet nobody really seemed to give a flying fck.

The 115 era pisses this.

The toxicity, bile, jealousy and pure hatred from most of the country is without question the biggest sticking the boot in ever.

The impact on our supporters has been insane.

Look how many “what if this, this and this?” posts appear on here daily.

There are posters genuinely taking about relegations, stripping of titles and people going to jail. That’s how toxic it’s been to their mental health and rationality.

30th May 1999, 87 minutes into the match.

Not only have we been relegated, we haven't managed to get automatic promotion, and now we're 2-0 down with just injury time to go, staring at a second season in the third tier. The definition of darkest before the dawn.

Dunno if that counts as toxic, but it was depressing as fuck.
I genuinely would of felt sorry for them Gillingham fans that day if we'd not gone up because all fucking hell would of broke lose. Well done Dicky lad :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.