What was the most toxic period at City?

I think the Pearce era was saved by some good away performances.

The 115 era pisses this.

The toxicity, bile, jealousy and pure hatred from most of the country is without question the biggest sticking the boot in ever.

The impact on our supporters has been insane.

Look how many “what if this, this and this?” posts appear on here daily.

There are posters genuinely taking about relegations, stripping of titles and people going to jail. That’s how toxic it’s been to their mental health and rationality.

I agree with this 100%, if you tack on the City customer experience you have a shit-storm.

First one that sprang to mind for me. Players throwing their shirts into the crowd at the end of the game only to see them thrown back at them. A proper "Is this it? Is this all we're capable of?" feeling descended over the fanbase that day and it was pretty nasty watching it on TV. Never seen a City end look so bitter but admittedly I missed the 80s.
It was a horrible day. We were so crap. Hardly had a shot in 90 mins and went out with a whimper. Fans fighting with each other, telling the players to fuck off at the end. A poor day.

For me it's 1993 - 1998... The whole Swales - Lee saga, the all-too-brief optimism of August - Dec 1994, the car crash of Ball - Coppell - Clarke, the inevitable relegation to Div 2 leading up to the debacles of Lincoln and York... the ship finally started to turn just after Christmas 1998, and while there were more ups and downs thereafter, nothing was ever, upon reflection, quite as bad again - even the Pearce 2006-07 season needs to be viewed in the context/comparison of what had gone on 10-years before...

The 115 era pisses this.

The toxicity, bile, jealousy and pure hatred from most of the country is without question the biggest sticking the boot in ever.

The impact on our supporters has been insane.

Look how many “what if this, this and this?” posts appear on here daily.

There are posters genuinely taking about relegations, stripping of titles and people going to jail. That’s how toxic it’s been to their mental health and rationality.
It seems to get forgotten that if there were substance to the charges then the police, possibly Interpol and HMRC would be heavily involved and the talk would be of serious jail time for all concerned - not just a deluded fantasy scenario of the dippers and arsenal being given some more trophies and winding football back to 1998.

It seems to get forgotten that if there were substance to the charges then the police, possibly Interpol and HMRC would be heavily involved and the talk would be of serious jail time for all concerned - not just a deluded fantasy scenario of the dippers and arsenal being given some more trophies and winding football back to 1998.

Ahhhhh, the Jermaine Jenus line of defence.

I've been arguing this to the troglodyte followers of our bitter rivals for months, I think the whole thing is a charade of the Prems making at the behest of the red-tops fueled by jealousy alone.

Not sure the exact start date of the most toxicity, but pretty sure Andy Morrison killed it when he joined.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.