What was your 1st ever game and what do you remember?

My 1st proper game was when barney daniels scored i dont know if it was 1 or 2 against leicester i think about 74 75ish could any one confirm please

I can't honestly remember much from my early days at maine road, as i cant remember much of my first 5 years at all. My old man tells me my first game was when I was 4 and i got my season ticket when I was 6, the first game i remember was against Ipswich I think in 96 or 97 and all I remember was Nicky Weaver having an absolute blinder.

send your memories into City "GOLDEN SEATS" I won a fantastic day at the Sunderland match for mine.

Cant remember who against but was 1975 i was 5 all i remember was my old man going ape shit at the ref and me crying because i thought he was yelling at me!!

My first game was at the 10 of february 2001 at Maine Road against Tottenham. We lost 0-1 in the 89th minute by a Sergei Rebrov goal. Totally crap, cos´ City dominated the game all the time, and Egil Østenstad hit the post and Huckerby got a goal disallowed, even though it shouldnt have been. That was Spurs only attempt on the target the hole game. It was a bit frustrating.

I´ve been a Danish City fan since 1995 - so living in Denmark, being a student, didnt make it easy to come to Manchester before 2001.

My next game was the last game of the same season on the 19th may against Chelsea. A game where we were already relegated. But an incredible atmosphere - sold out Maine Road. And the game ended even before the 90th minute because City fans stormed the pitch at the referee had to call the game off before time. A fantastic memory and yet the best memory at a game i´ve had. I remember Carlos Nash was being held in "Glory Chair" by the fans all the way to the playerstunnel, and i was able to get a little piece of grass from the pitch.

The game ended 2-1 - City´s goal was by Steve Howey - from a corner i think.

Anyone else remember this incredible game?

mcfc3.jpg

aa223206015h.jpg

pitchinvasion1.jpg

8th September 1962, City vs West Ham at Maine Road. I was 10 years old.

Memories are that we were spanked 6 – 1 and Bert Trautmann was sent off. He was so hacked off about the fifth goal going in that he hurled the ball back towards the centre circle but unfortunately it hit the ref on the back of the head. Bert was summoned to the ref who pointed towards the tunnel (no cards in those days). Bert tore off his green jumper - I think with just one hand –threw it on the ground and marched imperiously to the tunnel. I’m certain that Alan Oakes went in goal for the rest of the game and only let one in, Colin Barlow scored our goal.

As the match approached 90 minutes the ref was edging towards the tunnel, he blew his whistle and ran like f@ck for the dressing room. He only just escaped the pitch invasion but had to be smuggled out of the ground in a laundry basket.

We were relegated that season and the rags won the Cup but nearly 48 years later I’m still here, there really is something about City isn’t there?

First game was when city beat charlton 5 - 1. I was 10 years old and was taken to the match by my older cousin.

I remember walking up the stairs of the Platt lane and remember seeing the pitch for the first time.

Remember the match and the goals and the fans singing Andy May. Some lad ran on the pitch from the Kippax.

We won 5 -1, and ran on the pitch at the end. The fans sang for Billy Mac who appeared up in the main stand.

Quality day.................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.