What's Georgi Kinkladze doing these days?

Dunno where he is but imo still the best we had.(of my time physically watching us anyway- 83 to now).

Ive been watching City since we beat Arsenal 3-1 in 1976,...Brian Kidd played for Arsenal that day,..Anyway, Kinky is certainly the most individually talented player I have ever seen,....that includes the players I have watched playing for oponents too.
I think Silva is probably more of an assett to our team than Kinky was, but, in my opinion, Kinkladze was more individually talented.
If Kinky was in our current side, and we could harness his skills to effect the teams play,..trust me, for those lads that never saw him play, youd be drooling over him, as we were on the kippax all those years ago.
I too, would really love to see him visit us now. Im sure if the club invited him he would.
GIO GIO GIO !!

Smoothy B. said:
Ive been watching City since we beat Arsenal 3-1 in 1976,...Brian Kidd played for Arsenal that day,..Anyway, Kinky is certainly the most individually talented player I have ever seen,....that includes the players I have watched playing for oponents too.
I think Silva is probably more of an assett to our team than Kinky was, but, in my opinion, Kinkladze was more individually talented.
If Kinky was in our current side, and we could harness his skills to effect the teams play,..trust me, for those lads that never saw him play, youd be drooling over him, as we were on the kippax all those years ago.
I too, would really love to see him visit us now. Im sure if the club invited him he would.
GIO GIO GIO !!

Thats an excellent way of describing it, Kinkladze had the more breathtaking skills but Silva was more effective as a team player. I made a comparison on another thread about Kinkladzes ability to beat a player and compared him to Messi and Maradona in that respect. Many couldn't get there head around it not understanding I wasnt suggesting he was as good a player or scored the shed loads of goals of Messi, but his ability to beat a man, drop a shoulder, change direction, burst of acceleration are the only two players I think comparable.

I bought my 9 year old son his first season ticket in 95/96. I'm convinced Kinkladze was the reason my son kept going, and probably many other young fans felt the same. A really bad time to be a City fan, particularly so for a young lad with nothing to shout about but Kinky.

Franksinatra.
I agree with you. Kinky, in my opinion, really did have the talent of Messi,..he was on that level.
What he perhaps didnt have, was the footballing nouce to use his amazing skill, week in, week out, to its greatest advantage, in order to assist the team.
Silva has a superior footballing brain. He has a knowledge of the game which he seems to utilise to ensure his lesser individual skill benefits the team.
I think, therefore, that Silva is a more important player to the City team today, than Kinky was to his City team of yester year.....That said, Kinky was better to watch, just for his breathtaking skills, that swivel of the hips, dropping the shoulder and away he went. If only we had him in the team today !

superwatsonwatson said:
I bought my 9 year old son his first season ticket in 95/96. I'm convinced Kinkladze was the reason my son kept going, and probably many other young fans felt the same. A really bad time to be a City fan, particularly so for a young lad with nothing to shout about but Kinky.

This comment pretty much sums it up for me as my dad got me a season ticket when I was 7 for the 92-93 season.

Kinkladze wasn't the main reason for me staying on a City fan cos I loved going to the match with my dad and his mates, standing or sitting on the barriers of the Kippax. He did however provide me with easy ammunition for any shit that I got from my rag and Burnley supporting mates cos he was by far the most skillful player in the Premier League at that time.

I absolutely adored him and will never ever forget the memories of him dancing through that Southampton defence.

Smoothy B. said:
Franksinatra.
I agree with you. Kinky, in my opinion, really did have the talent of Messi,..he was on that level.
What he perhaps didnt have, was the footballing nouce to use his amazing skill, week in, week out, to its greatest advantage, in order to assist the team.
Silva has a superior footballing brain. He has a knowledge of the game which he seems to utilise to ensure his lesser individual skill benefits the team.
I think, therefore, that Silva is a more important player to the City team today, than Kinky was to his City team of yester year.....That said, Kinky was better to watch, just for his breathtaking skills, that swivel of the hips, dropping the shoulder and away he went. If only we had him in the team today !

687fea91677be9103defb8dc0b97e8b7.gif

franksinatra said:
Always enjoy the Kinkladze threads, starts off with good intentions for a couple of pages before he ends up being slated as lazy, troublemaker, reason for our relegations etc etc.

At the time the only player worth watching, stayed with us when we fell into the first division a sacrifice I doubt any of our modern players would do.

Yet he will get slated by some o here, before the same posters slag off Tevez for showing no loyalty to the club.

How the hell can you possibly link the 2? You even just gave us a reason to slag off Tevez in your post...

687fea91677be9103defb8dc0b97e8b7.gif
[/quote]

agree with him

Kinky could run fast with the ball at his feet ...thats it !

bernabia was for the short time he was here a better asset to the team .

cyprustavern said:

agree with him

Kinky could run fast with the ball at his feet ...thats it !

bernabia was for the short time he was here a better asset to the team .[/quote]
what about kinkys free kicks?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.