What's next after Nasri?

Assuming we sign nasri and tevez, swp, ade, bridge, rsc and nedum are offloaded one way or the other I am sure we will only have an over 21 squad of 20 players ?

That 5 short. When you look at the players we have on loan as well we would actually have a pretty small squad considering we have champions league this season and want to challenge for 4 trophies. Any significant injuries and suspensions and we would be stuffed.

Realistically if tevez, swp and the deadwood is sold we must be looking at more signings than nasri. At least another wide player and forward or a midfielder that can play off the forwards.

Heard Ian cheeseman say, on Radio Manchester yesterday, that we were likely to be bringing in another 2 as well as Nasri, before the deadline ends.

Cerci being one (I presume) plus 1 more (Sneijder anyone?)

Swap Tevez for Sneijder + Lavezzi + Coates

or

Cash for Tevez + Mata + Lavezzi + Coates.

If we could 'afford' both Sneijder and Mata, I would take that.

Cerci must be a smoke screen. If we wanted him we would have signed him weeks ago.

The reason this is taking so long is that the players we want are decent players that clubs want to keep and are in demand otherwise.

Nasri is pretty much a given. I think snijder for tevez could realistically happen as could some sort of deal involving ade for Lennon.

Give bolton swp,nedum,bellend for cahill,give rsc to anyone free,swap ade,bridge,and £5 quid for bale

alera said:
Assuming we sign nasri and tevez, swp, ade, bridge, rsc and nedum are offloaded one way or the other I am sure we will only have an over 21 squad of 20 players ?

That 5 short. When you look at the players we have on loan as well we would actually have a pretty small squad considering we have champions league this season and want to challenge for 4 trophies. Any significant injuries and suspensions and we would be stuffed.

Realistically if tevez, swp and the deadwood is sold we must be looking at more signings than nasri. At least another wide player and forward or a midfielder that can play off the forwards.

I think Chelsea had 17 players last season, and they finished above us.

I wouldn't worry about over-21s - in Savic, Boyata and Balotelli we have three capable first-team players. Broadly speaking, the ideal is two for each position -

Hart, Taylor, Pantilimon
Zabaleta, Richards
Kolarov, Clichy
Kompany, Toure
Lescott, Savic, Boyata
De Jong ______
Barry, Milner
Yaya ______
Johnson, (Nasri)
Silva, Balotelli
Dzeko, Aguero

There's a fair bit of versatility in the squad, but you get the idea. It's clear that the centre of midfield needs strengthening above all else.

ST Coleridge said:
Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaads....

It's not going to be Sneijder, Mata, Hazard, Hulk or Pjanic. For those three front spots, we've got Balotelli, Aguero, Silva, Johnson, Dzeko and probably Nasri. And this doesn't include Tevez or SWP.

The far more pressing requirement lies in the midfield three, where we have Yaya, Barry, Milner (woefully poor positioning in the CS) and Barry. We moved to a 442 for a time last night, but Swansea at home will be as easy as it gets.

Now, some think Nasri will be employed in the Yaya role* - if so, that should be us done, although Mancini might like Cerci as cover for the wide positions. If not, then I'd hope we'd get in a Lass or Gago type.

* Fwiw, I'd like Nasri in the middle.
You could well be right but which of the 2 Barry's would you keep?

If Tevez leaves will will need Nasri +2, if Tevez stays I reckon Nasri +1.

If Bert is telling us what he needs in terms of wide player (winger) we have been linked tentatively with

Cerci
Mata
Lavezzi
Lennon

Suspect it all boils down to how much Nasri costs us, how much we get for the likes of Bridge, RSC Ned, Ade and Bellars. If money doesn't matter in my opinion preference would be:

1) Mata
2) Lavezzi
3) Lennon
4) Cerci.

Our squad is complete once we get nasri. We do not need anyone else. We have a fine winger in Johnson and he should be left to develop. It becomes a bit shallow buyin for the sake of it. We also have Weiss as a winger.

ST Coleridge said:
alera said:

I think Chelsea had 17 players last season, and they finished above us.

I wouldn't worry about over-21s - in Savic, Boyata and Balotelli we have three capable first-team players. Broadly speaking, the ideal is two for each position -

Hart, Taylor, Pantilimon
Zabaleta, Richards
Kolarov, Clichy
Kompany, Toure
Lescott, Savic, Boyata
De Jong ______
Barry, Milner
Yaya ______
Johnson, (Nasri)
Silva, Balotelli
Dzeko, Aguero

There's a fair bit of versatility in the squad, but you get the idea. It's clear that the centre of midfield needs strengthening above all else.

Dejong one is the one that keeps popping into my mind. Id say Milner could fill in for Yaya (not that he has impressed me in the slightest since he arrived).
Id like to see Gago (spelling?) arrive. If Dejong gets injured we could have a small hole in the CM position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.