What's next after Nasri?

ST Coleridge said:
alera said:
Assuming we sign nasri and tevez, swp, ade, bridge, rsc and nedum are offloaded one way or the other I am sure we will only have an over 21 squad of 20 players ?

That 5 short. When you look at the players we have on loan as well we would actually have a pretty small squad considering we have champions league this season and want to challenge for 4 trophies. Any significant injuries and suspensions and we would be stuffed.

Realistically if tevez, swp and the deadwood is sold we must be looking at more signings than nasri. At least another wide player and forward or a midfielder that can play off the forwards.

I think Chelsea had 17 players last season, and they finished above us.

I wouldn't worry about over-21s - in Savic, Boyata and Balotelli we have three capable first-team players. Broadly speaking, the ideal is two for each position -

Hart, Taylor, Pantilimon
Zabaleta, Richards
Kolarov, Clichy
Kompany, Toure
Lescott, Savic, Boyata
De Jong ______
Barry, Milner
Yaya ______
Johnson, (Nasri)
Silva, Balotelli
Dzeko, Aguero

There's a fair bit of versatility in the squad, but you get the idea. It's clear that the centre of midfield needs strengthening above all else.

For me, Zaba can fill in for De Jong, as can Vinnie. The question for me is who can do the Yaya roll in carrying the ball, box to box. I think we need another CM with strength and vision (Milner is a possibility), not necessarily a tricky winger. A De Rossi type player would be my shout.

Left Peg said:
For me, Zaba can fill in for De Jong, as can Vinnie. The question for me is who can do the Yaya roll in carrying the ball, box to box. I think we need another CM with strength and vision (Milner is a possibility), not necessarily a tricky winger. A De Rossi type player would be my shout.

I would love to see Zabaleta in De Jong's position as I feel he would do one heck of a job there.

Its still obvious we are likely to sign another 2 players after Nasri IMO most likley another midfielder that can play of a forward and a winger.

Bobby said he wanted his central midfield player , which I presume Nasri will be , and then he wants a right winger . I think the most likely outcome would be the purchase of Cerci from Fiorentina , can't see anyone really high profile coming in to play on the right .

Blue Elmo said:
Bobby said he wanted his central midfield player , which I presume Nasri will be , and then he wants a right winger . I think the most likely outcome would be the purchase of Cerci from Fiorentina , can't see anyone really high profile coming in to play on the right .

yup think you are almost certainly correct - dont know anything about Cerci sure he is a decent player but for me he can only limit the games that Balo and / or AJ will get - if he comes then i would welcome him if not then i aont going to be slitting my wrists

for me we should focus on getting some players out - guess that will happen next week though

anyway roll on Sunday - want to see Aguero again and Tevez o the bench - think Ballo will start on Sunday

Couple of injuries away from disaster in the centre of midfield,for me we need 1 more after nasri and a winger with lots of pace.
Any itks got any info on anybody else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.