What's the best football book of all time?

079ff8f7ea5de78a90c163160b7c7ab4.jpg
That brings back some happy memories. Sticker book iirc?

Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby is still for me the best. Better than anything else he has written.

Also, now this is fiction not non fiction, I can’t recommend enough “Panenka” by Ronan Hession. Its a short novel and its fucking brilliant.
Yes, I read that many years ago, an excellent read it is/was too,

Paul Lakes was that good, I promptly read it again and had tears in my eyes on both occasions. David White's came a close 2nd after all he went through.

For stand alone brilliance though I doubt anything will get close to Trautmann's Journey by Catrine Clay. The film (although decent) doesn't do justice what that great man went through, and left me aghast at times.

I have a book token and believe it or not, I was thinking of purchasing a book with it. What's the best non fiction book to buy? Not the ones about City 'cos I've already read these.
My daughter bought me Made in Manchester. It's new this year. And it's all about Manchester. Social and economic history at its best. I've walloped the first fifty pages. The downside, I've not got there yet, is that there will be some Rag shit to wade through - they've got a graphic of The Swamp on the front. Mind, it's only the dust cover so that could be removed and yer could avoid the chapter. Trouble is it might be mixed up with that other team that won FOUR FUCKIN' PL TITLES IN A ROW! NOBODY HAD DONE THAT TILL NOW!

I bought ‘Play Football with Pele’ in the late 70’s when I was 15/16, it would be my most influential football book as well, after reading it my game changed forever, I progressed from a centre back into a number ten, goal scoring play maker, scoring the goals in the last game of the season that won my Sunday team the league and winning many player of the season awards. I have so many great memories of playing and I always put it down to Pele’s book.

IMG_1156.jpeg

Left Foot Forward by Garry Nelson is certainly the football book I have enjoyed the most. Whether it is the best is obviously subjective, but it is a cracking account of the struggles of a lower league journeyman player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.