What's the closest you have been to death?

I wasn’t going to post until I read your two posts.
I’m still not sure if my episode equates to the trouble you have endured.
A year ago in July in the early hours of the morning having gotten off the ferry at Holyhead and driven across North Wales, I crashed the car heading south on the M6.
I was doing the full 70mph and hit the median in the centre of the motorway having, for all intents and purposes, blacked out.
I came around to my wife in the passenger seat screaming at me and me then struggling to straighten the car scraping along the motorway divide.
We were blessed that there was not much on the road at that hour in the morning.
We both exited the vehicle unharmed. My wife was pretty shook. I was inexplicably dead calm.
The car was towed and we were left high and dry at a roadside service station wondering, what do we do now?

The truth is, I could have killed us both.
I had a couple more blackouts up until December and have been tested for everything since. A couple of MRI’s, ECG’s EEG’s, echo’s, haven’t a clue what they call some of the tests. Latest one was a Sleep Apnea test.

The good news is I’m as fit as a fiddle. Nothing physically wrong with me.
But like I said to the last expert, so we’re back to the question I asked at the start of all of this; why am I not sleeping?
You can’t self diagnose, but I maintained all along it is sleep deprivation. What was stressing me so much last year? Well that’s the real story. Unfortunately until we all agree on that (meaning the whole family) then it won’t be properly addressed.
We’re getting there though.

Like I said. Don’t know if it qualifies for the thread, but I basically could have killed both of us. Both of us walked away without a scratch.
Have dm’d you.

I wasn’t going to post until I read your two posts.
I’m still not sure if my episode equates to the trouble you have endured.
A year ago in July in the early hours of the morning having gotten off the ferry at Holyhead and driven across North Wales, I crashed the car heading south on the M6.
I was doing the full 70mph and hit the median in the centre of the motorway having, for all intents and purposes, blacked out.
I came around to my wife in the passenger seat screaming at me and me then struggling to straighten the car scraping along the motorway divide.
We were blessed that there was not much on the road at that hour in the morning.
We both exited the vehicle unharmed. My wife was pretty shook. I was inexplicably dead calm.
The car was towed and we were left high and dry at a roadside service station wondering, what do we do now?

The truth is, I could have killed us both.
I had a couple more blackouts up until December and have been tested for everything since. A couple of MRI’s, ECG’s EEG’s, echo’s, haven’t a clue what they call some of the tests. Latest one was a Sleep Apnea test.

The good news is I’m as fit as a fiddle. Nothing physically wrong with me.
But like I said to the last expert, so we’re back to the question I asked at the start of all of this; why am I not sleeping?
You can’t self diagnose, but I maintained all along it is sleep deprivation. What was stressing me so much last year? Well that’s the real story. Unfortunately until we all agree on that (meaning the whole family) then it won’t be properly addressed.
We’re getting there though.

Like I said. Don’t know if it qualifies for the thread, but I basically could have killed both of us. Both of us walked away without a scratch.
Seems I can’t dm you.

Blue baby, had knife held to throat during robbery. Close to various explosions (earliest aged 11 which killed 6 pensioners), car crash in which we'd blow out on motorway heading from Manchester to Scotland to get ferry home after game v one of the Bristol teams. I remember a thud then us ending up on embankment on side of car then on roof (it was a Datsun cherry with vinyl roof). Latest was emergency surgery on bowel 7 years when bowel perforated when about to go through turnstiles at Chelsea. In HDU for over week and 3 months recovery. Have had several death threats from gangs, paramilitaries etc (24 hours to get out type scenarios)

Fell downstairs backwards and caved my skull in on a cupboard at the bottom. My Dad had to plug the hole in my head with his fingers until the ambulance arrived. Woke up a few days later with the worst headache ever and couldn't open my eyes for a week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.