What's the longest you've had a flight delayed?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Three weeks with that fucking Icelandic dust cloud thingy.
Every sympathy with a six hour delay,especially with a little 'un in tow,but I've had longer train delays than that getting back from the smoke.

I was on a stag do in Marbella during the volcanic dust episode and our flights home were cancelled for 2 days - fortunately we were made aware long before we set off to the airport and made the best of the predicament we were in..
Longest actually stuck in an airport was coming back from Vegas after the Hatton/Mayweather fight. 12 hours, Luckily they had plenty of slots to ensure I didn't have a fucking cent left by the time we boarded

speccybob 8 said:
The cookie monster said:
Have a read of martinsmoney saver
My sister is currently claiming back on 4 or 5 flights she has been delayed on over 3 hours in the last 7 years

Fill your boots
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays</a>

Was just about to post this. Not the bit about a sister though. I don't have one.

Anyone had any luck with this? I tried it after a technical fault delayed my flight for 13 hours but was told that as this was an exceptional circumstance, which couldn't be prevented, the airline was not at fault. I've only read about 1 bloke getting money back and he took them to court.

9 Hours - Munich to Manchester on a Friday evening!
I had a business class ticket for the 3.00pm flight home and got bumped off the flight. After that is was true nightmare. Finally got an economy seat to go home at midnight and it took me months to get the refund on the price Lufthansa owed me. Shocking airline!

I'm sure everyone is totally uninterested to know but a plane eventually turned up about seven hours late and we had a nice week ( minus one day ) in Spain.

Watched the game in a bar ran by some bloke who produced a united scarf from somewhere that he wore the whole game. Claimed to be from Worsley but seemed to have picked up a bit of a cockney accent during his time in Spain. He was ok though and bought me a pint afterwards.

Will get on that website and see if I can claim a few quid back but not that bothered really.

Years ago, was going from Manchester to Orlando, but we had to stop off in Belfast to pick some extra passengers up. The landing in Belfast was a bit rough and after waiting on the plane at the gate for some time, we found we couldn't take off again because one of the tyres had split. They couldn't get a replacement in until the next day, so we got put up in a nice Holiday Inn in Belfast courtesy of Britannia Airlines. We were delayed around 24 hours I think. Gutted.

Returning from India. First time four days late, but it was a dream, the flight never left Manchester so we didn't even leave the hotel, basically had an extra four days holiday on the travel company, all-found except for alcohol and once the insurance kicked in that was sorted as well. The second time bumped from the flight, oversubscribed, just one extra night but we got put up in a beltin five star all inclusive and we were given vouchers for any Air France flight which we used to fly free from Bangkok to Hanoi then Saigon, Bangkok. Incredible India lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.