Whats the poshest Hotel you've stayed in

Stayed in some top places in my Travel Agency days but my favourite was Ambassador in LA.
It's demolished now but the history of the place makes it the most memorable for me.
RFK was assassinated in its nightclub the Cocoanut Grove where all the top acts of the time played.

LA airport last May, midnight flight to Tampa.
At 11pm the woman at the desk asks if anyone will give up their seat for a $500 flight voucher, hotel and breakfast..... my hand goes straight up.
Choose your hotel, she said, giving me her phone to scroll down. Some of them were miles away but the Sheraton was across the main airport road (and free shuttle of course...)
Off I go and flash the voucher on my phone for the free room...... ''The airline paying for this?'' she asked.
'Yes''
''In that case I'll bump you up into a suite....''

Marvelous!

Been lucky enough to stay in quite a few. One that sticks out is Château Rhianfa in Anglesey. A stunning old house converted into a nice hotel. Really worth a visit/stay if you are in that area.

Somewhat similar in concept is the Walker Hotel in TriBeCa (NYC). Basically an expanded version of Japanese capsule hotels.

I also stayed at the now Instagram famous Inntel Amsterdam (in Zaandam) right after it opened, which has larger rooms of that configuration.

My favourite modern small room hotel, though, is the CityHub in Copenhagen. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.