Whats the poshest Hotel you've stayed in

Stayed in 5-star luxury in Rome for a few days but passed by a cheapo place with the splendid name The Mancini Shabby House.
Years ago I took a party of kids on a school trip from London to Amsterdam and stayed in a place near the Vondelpark called the Hotel Cok.

On the same theme almost ... most famous person met at hotel bar .
We were at Wynns B bar, 4 lads on a birthday party.
Randomly got very drunk with Brian Mc brides brother, Next morning Brian comes down for a chat and tell us that his brother is in the Dog house with his wife for spending all night with us,both great guys.
Next night we asked some random bloke to take a picture of the 4 us ,he said Ok where do you want him.. no,you take the picture of the 4 of us please .. looked most pissed off.
Found out later it was awards ceremony for ice hockey and he was in for best player.
As a side note Wayne Rooney walked past ...........

Never really been into booking high end hotels, would rather be out enjoying the local life instead.

There are only so many hours in a day
Are none of them spent sleeping and otherwise getting ready to explore the local life?

Before the last five years put an end to it, I have travelled around the world, and I have found a nice hotel to be a great base for exploration. Consistently getting a decent night’s sleep is probably one of the most important elements of a memorable holiday.

Are none of them spent sleeping and otherwise getting ready to explore the local life?

Before the last five years put an end to it, I have travelled around the world, and I have found a nice hotel to be a great base for exploration. Consistently getting a decent night’s sleep is probably one of the most important elements of a memorable holiday.
I agree on finding a nice place to sleep, I don’t want to spend money on a hotel room that makes me want to stay in and enjoy the luxury rather than exploring what’s to offer elsewhere

I agree on finding a nice place to sleep, I don’t want to spend money on a hotel room that makes me want to stay in and enjoy the luxury rather than exploring what’s to offer elsewhere
Fair enough. I don’t really prescribe to the hoteliday, either. I suppose I just have had bad experiences with some of the “value” stay establishments that have taken the shine off holidays, so tried to avoid them when I could.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.