Whats the poshest Hotel you've stayed in

I was due to return from Taipei on the China Airlines flight than ended up in the harbour in 1993. The pilot misjudged the final turn during a Typhoon. A lucky escape for me… I was delayed due to a production problem in Taipei and took a later flight
I don't think anyone was seriously hurt in that crash from memory though it must have been alarming. I was living in HK at the time and took a picture of it from the other side of the harbour.

Not a hotel but the late father in law had to have an operation in The Alexandra Hospital - triple bypass - due to the NHS policy at the time.
We all turned up like Clampetts to visit him and were amazed at the place.
Tidy looking young lady came in with a menu for him and it was top class restaurant standard.
10 minutes later the matron comes in snatches it from him and says - this is the menu for NHS patients!

I'm not sure about poshest.

But I'm certain of the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

My father had just passed away and I needed to travel from my home in Washington State to central California. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel for the night. And numerous hotels were booked up. Online I found a hotel in San Jose for $100.00 US per night - a fuckng rip off in 2009, but it was the least expensive I could find.

After driving all day from my home, I arrive late at night at the motel. I couldn't find anywhere to park - not because the parking lot is full - but because there's no parking lot - there's literally nowhere to park. I circle around the motel at 1:00 AM and finally find somewhere to park in the street. I walk a few blocks to the so-called motel carrying my luggage - there's a pungent smell of urine emanating from the building along an unlit wall.

I walk to the reception desk - no one is there. Someone finally arrives after I ting the bell on the desk several times.

He looks up my reservation on his computer and gives me the key to a room 2 floors up. I walk up to my room - and it's the literal size of a fucking closet. There's a sink and a bed that's currently folded into the wall, nothing else at all.

I unfold the bed from the wall, exhausted from my long drive and try to go to sleep. Plastered on the sides of my room are little placards, apparently mandated by California law, warning that asbestos causes cancer and that asbestos insulation is present just behind the walls of my room. Fucking great!

Come morning I wake - I want a shower - and to get as far away from this hell-hole as possible. There's no individual bathroom in this hotel - but instead, a common shower/bathroom area. As well as a shower, I need to relieve myself.

But... every single toilet in the common bathroom - without exception, is brim full of toilet paper and shit. There's no way to flush the toilets - and there's no way I'm sitting down in any of these stalls.

I make my way back to my hotel room, unzip my pants, pee in the sink in my room, and then proceed to my car, whereupon I drive as fast and as far away from hotel hell as I can.
TBH, that would rate as one on my posher hotels!!

I don't think anyone was seriously hurt in that crash from memory though it must have been alarming. I was living in HK at the time and took a picture of it from the other side of the harbour.
No, the only injuries were those who had already undone their seatbelts and got up; which was quite a common occurrence.

1712188136158.jpeg

Hotel on wheels.
Orient express Venice to London ... amazing trip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.