Whats the poshest Hotel you've stayed in

Stayed in a suite in Caesar's Palace in Vegas in 2006 with a jacuzzi by the window overlooking the strip and a TV in the bathroom mirror. A bargain upgrade.

Last summer, we stayed in a club class a suite in the Palazzo in Vegas just last summer. Had access to a lounge with free alcohol and aperitifs. Separate check-in and concierge from the riff-raff. Had an amazing view of the MSG Sphere too. The room was around 1500 sq ft, I believe. A 50th and 20th anniversary gift. Wouldn't pay that much at any other time as I am generally stingy.

Around 10 years ago we stayed in a boutique hotel in Paris that had a B&O television, Versace tiles in the bathroom and Hermes toiletries. Bloody small though.

To be honest, I am not one for hotels. I don't like the idea of often having to use a bed as a sofa, having next to no room to move and not having some space just for me. Also, not great when you have a teenage daughter. We do not spend much time in the hotel room but I find the rooms generally a bit claustrophobic. We mostly stay in AirBNBs and our very, very basic flat in Kapparis, Cyprus (it was a gift).

Got a great deal on a suite for 3 of us for 2 nights
Ended up going to Patpong etc until morning missed check out so just thought let's stay 2 more!!
Of course the prefential UK travel agent went out the window and we got charged a fortune.
Lesson learned
Penny black in soi cowboy wasn't bad as it had a nightclub upstairs. Don't think they had a breakfast included. Lebua had my favourite breakfast in Bangkok.

Renaissance hotel in Bangkok was very nice. Worst hotel was the prince hotel in Istanbul, not far from Taksim square.
Fuckin hovel

Always had a beer or two at the bar in Raffles when passing through Singapore back in the day before they refurbished it and made it an arm and a leg place these days.

When I was working I used to travel a lot and was fortunate enough to stay in some pretty fancy hotels. Some of my faves are Dukes and Claridges in London, The Ritz Carlton in Atlanta and Montreal, The Shangrila in Toronto and Vancouver, The Four Seasons Vancouver, The Fairmont Waterfront in Vancouver (where they once put me in the Royal Suite - no idea why) and probably my favourite of the lot The Wedgewood in Vancouver. It’s fabulous. I once stayed at the Loews Hotel on Park Avenue,New York. It was so posh I actually felt uncomfortable there.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.