What's the problem(s)?

This has nothing to do with us not having a pre season. It is all to do that most managers have so cottoned on to Pep's idea's. However Pep has not a clue how to change his tactics and help his team. The team will need Pep to come up with new ideas by the time we play our next home game against Arsenal. My guess is that Pep has no idea how to come up with new ideas to help the team improve the team.

Looking for a marked improvement over these next 6 games.

I dont get why some are going on about pre-season as being the issue. We are in the same boat as all the other teams, yes we played the CL but that was short lived anyway
Just an excuse and same goes with the injuries to a degree , we often had no fit striker during our last 2 title wins.

Its who is injured and for how long that matters more.

We are just off the boil this season with no intensity and self belief combined with Pep well below his best as well and we are just a mid table side.

More so I think our lack of getting in real quality and players of the mentality of Vigil for example has long caught up with us.

The squad is just not good enough anymore , we need at least LB , a DM / CDM and a striker all better than we have in those positions now.

Just an excuse and same goes with the injuries to a degree , we often had no fit striker during our last 2 title wins.

Its who is injured and for how long that matters more.

We are just off the boil this season with no intensity and self belief combined with Pep well below his best as well and we are just a mid table side.

More so I think our lack of getting in real quality and players of the mentality of Vigil for example has long caught up with us.

The squad is just not good enough anymore , we need at least LB , a DM / CDM and a striker all better than we have in those positions now.
My biggest concern is that our form so far is looking an exact carbon copy of last season...something i thought would not happen

Myself and others sugar coated it saying it was down to 2 huge seasons going all the way for b2b titles, but it looks as though nothing has changed in that respect. The team look disjointed, there is a serious lack of pressing & intensity going on (amongst other issues) and both were evident last season

My biggest concern is that our form so far is looking an exact carbon copy of last season...something i thought would not happen

Myself and others sugar coated it saying it was down to 2 huge seasons going all the way for b2b titles, but it looks as though nothing has changed in that respect. The team look disjointed, there is a serious lack of pressing & intensity going on (amongst other issues) and both were evident last season
I hope we can get our mojo back but I doubt it.

For Pep and Raheem to say we have done extremely well so far this season smacks of delusion and lowering our standards significantly.

Looking for a marked improvement over these next 6 games.

I dont get why some are going on about pre-season as being the issue. We are in the same boat as all the other teams, yes we played the CL but that was short lived anyway
The teams who are top or around top 4 places have played friendlies along with playing their opening day fixtures.

The teams who are top or around top 4 places have played friendlies along with playing their opening day fixtures.
Thats true Ray but the players werent exactly taking a holiday they were still keeping fit....my concern is that our form and performance levels are looking similar to last season

Thats my worry

This has nothing to do with us not having a pre season. It is all to do that most managers have so cottoned on to Pep's idea's. However Pep has not a clue how to change his tactics and help his team. The team will need Pep to come up with new ideas by the time we play our next home game against Arsenal. My guess is that Pep has no idea how to come up with new ideas to help the team improve the team.
Look at the teams who were in the latter stages of the Champions League.

PSG got beat. Bayern drawing 2-2 at home at the moment and lost last week. Utd crushed. Brighton hit the woodwork 5 times.

Preparation fitness matters. Look how fast and hard City started at Wolves, home to Leicester and away at Leeds.

All coindidences?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.