What's the problem(s)?

Mendy Playing at LB over Ake.
No pre season.
No fit senior strikers.
Apart from Fernandinho lack of mobility & Tacklers in Midfield.
At least 3 of the Ake, Fitness & Strikers back we can fix

I agree,we have been spoilt in terms of what we witnessed in those 2 seasons,but the drop off has been much more dramatic than it should have been.

We need to find that press again,we need to start getting bodies in the box when on the attack (our wide men often find themselves passing backwards when in the final 3rd,purely down to having no options) and we need to get more back when under the cosh.

Keep saying it,but we need a big physical/industrious and clinical striker.He would both take the pressure off the engine room and would be the much needed outlet and target our schemers are looking to find.
what , do you mean, we might score off a corner. ?

This current squad is easily our weakest in the past 10 years, yet its the most expensive.

The root of the problem is not on the pitch or Pep

We haven't had anywhere near the return on outlay for many a player in the past 3 seasons.

The fact we are still talking about Ferny and Kun says alot.

We should be disappointed with recruitment strategy despite the 2 titles under Pep and despite his spin I am sure he is as well.

To be successful he needs players who buy into his way of playing and ones that buy in quickly.

This season feels like the end of an era - and I’m willing to accept it as that, providing the seeds of the next one are sown this year.

Pep’s done at City, and for the most part it’s been an incredible period for our club. He revolutionised English football through the way we played, and created an identity for our style of football which will be his legacy - but it feels like we need someone else now to grab that identity and take it forward to the next level.

We’re not going to sack him - he has too much respect at the Club for that - so we need to accept this season as being the footnote to something great.

What will make this easier to take will be bedding in a new spine to our team grown through the Academy. With players like Harwood-Bellis, Doyle, Palmer, Foden and Delap, I believe we can start our next era. I’m encouraged that Pep is giving these lads minutes, and so long as he keeps that up, I can live with not winning this season by taking a long term view on it.

We’ve also got a centre back partnership that feels genuinely solid with Dias and Laporte, which could give us our next foundation.

Last season was dreadful, with little excitement for the future bar Foden. This one already feels different - like we’re staring something now which will give us our next era of success.

Good post mate a like wasn't sufficient

Richard Keys has absolutely nailed it.....

I'm amazed no one on here thought of it. Bring in Sam as Frau Pep's understudy for this season. Then take over next season

The problem as I see it is if we don't score our goals early on when we are firing on all cylinders and creating chance after chance the whole teams mentality drops, we start to sit off and let teams get back into the game and tend to concede on the first attack we face.

1. We've stopped passing teams to death.
2. Notice on the half way line in wide positions that we don't have that intricate give and go anymore, partly due to Silva moving on.
3. Awful to say with the team we've got but we're not creating enough chances - lots of possession outside the box but not much in it.

With a full pre-season and if they got the same results I would totally agree with you.
Looking for a marked improvement over these next 6 games.

I dont get why some are going on about pre-season as being the issue. We are in the same boat as all the other teams, yes we played the CL but that was short lived anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.