What's the worst that can happen?

Unfortunately that kind of complacent thinking seems endemic at the moment.

Signing Grealish improves the squad. We failed to sign a striker when few were available. We were proactive in trying to sign Kane so not getting him or anyone else is not complacent. Signing anyone else would have been a panic buy or short term thinking which isn't what the club does, and their strategy is sound.

Today showed how good we still are, and how clinical we can still be.

Next summer there may be some more options and we will try again.

Signing Grealish improves the squad. We failed to sign a striker when few were available. We were proactive in trying to sign Kane so not getting him or anyone else is not complacent. Signing anyone else would have been a panic buy or short term thinking which isn't what the club does, and their strategy is sound.

Ok- and thanks for a civil reply. Let's all celebrate a great win. Agreed.
But don't for one minute think Norwich and an extremely weak and reduced to 10 men Arsenal are a barometer.
But yes - we played what was in front of us extremely well and more.

Ok 3 games in and from what I can see through my blue tinted glasses is we will win this league. Watched a few games today and to be honest it was boring to watch after seeing our lot.

Sick of this window now just want it shut. As long as we don't sell anybody these next few days everything will be ok. We'll be fighting for the title still and go far in the cups, and still Phil and Kev to come back. Onwards and upwards
If, as seems likely we are gonna have to stick with those wingers, midfielders-cum-makeshift strikers who have only banged in fifteen fuckin' goals in the last three home matches we would only end up weakening the side now by selling anybody! We might not win the league, or anything else for that matter, but we have got players who are a delight to watch!

The least worst is that we don't win the league or the CL. We can't win the league every season and as we have never won the CL, whilst disappointing, it's not the end of the world.

We don't retain the League Cup or win the FA Cup. The LC probably won't be thing for top PL clubs soon and we generally don't win the FA Cup so hardly a disaster.

We don't finish in the top four. From a personal point of view I don't give a rats arse about the CL but obviously the club do. It would be a big hit to our finances and I suspect that Pep might not see out the last year of his contract. As he isn't staying forever then it means we get to greet our next manager a bit sooner.

I suppose the point of this thread is that life goes on and so does our club. There will be ups and downs and maybe we are entering a down period. I'm in my 60th year of watching City and even when I've been pissed off I still can't help being City daft.

I'm guessing you're not the guy who runs round the room at Xmas shouting have it! When you win trivial pursuit:-)

If you were a British tennis player I'm thinking last 64 at queens and proud as punch.

That they still spent all summer hoping Spurs would call. They should have walked a month ago.

That they then seemed so surprised by the outcome that they had no one else planned and then panicked to get Ronaldo and were then gazumped.
Did they though?

Totally agree with supercity88:, why is everybody down, we have been winning multiple trophies for the past 10 to 11 years, sometimes two, sometimes 3, Premier League titles 3 in the past 4 years, FA Cup, Carabao cup 6 times in the last 8 years. If you had told me this was going to happen i would have put you away, sure there is going to peaks and troughs, we cannot just keep on winning titles all the time, other teams get better, we might drop off a bit, that is football. I also do not give a toss about the Champions League, i hate the whole thing, it is bent, set up for the so called historical clubs, then as soon as they get challenged they accuse you of cheating, the whole thing stinks. Us blues should not give a toss about what any so called fan, pundit, commentator says, we know who we are and what we have done, we are hated because we are super successful, the rags, the scousers are so sad, bad losers, let's face it the rags have a manager who was sacked by Cardiff, what else do you have to add to that!!!!

I have many so called friends who just happen to be rags fans and guess what every time something negative about City comes up there is a new e-mail for me read the next day. But guess what all these rags don't even go to their matches and they comment on City not having a full stadium, that in itself sums up what we up against and will always be up against, total ignorant thick bastards!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.