What's the worst that can happen?

Rags Champions. Us coming 4th and knocked out in the group stages of the CL. Would be shit as this scenario could have been avoidable albeit with a horrific CL group, which in fairness is beyond our control.

Who knows though.. we may have another great season but personally I think we will fall short with goals.

Last edited:
Realistically?

Rags win something and we just about scrape top 4 winning fuck all.

And I know some happy clapper blues will get all philosophical and York away about it but in the modern calibration of City yes, that would be a disaster of a season.

And while I maintain United are winning sod all while they’ve got that clueless gimp in the dug out, they are building a squad that can win stuff. As soon as they get an actual manager in, they’ll be dangerous.

Agreed.. they have had a great window.. and generally have a very nice looking squad albeit a noticeable drop in quality in the middle of the park.

That said, regardless of their player personal improvements it could have been worse.. any managerial change would have benefitted them more and thankfully they have stuck with the Norwegian Gnome.

I think people have already forgotten the 19/20 season. That was what happens when everything goes wrong with Pep's City. Think of how everyone was acting like it was a disastrous time.

And yet we finished 2nd on 81 points. Won the LC. Made the FA Cup semi final. Made the CL quarters including a home and away win at Real Madrid. Still scored a shit ton.

We saw from the Norwich game that even without a world class striker we're still capable of playing great football and spanking all manners of teams into submission.

The likelihood is that we're going to get at least 80 points (how other teams will do will be interesting), have strong cup runs (barring an awful draw), score more goals than anybody else, and have a lot of great matchdays. That's the baseline, everything else is up. The only thing that could harm us is a major injury crisis, but that's true for every team and we're also the best equipped as far as squad strength goes on that front.
Against Norwich. Hmmmmm.

Can’t see us winning the PL this year. I think the Rentboys are too strong. Dippers will no doubt be up there and the Ushited will be gifted games by officials to keep the in top 4.

If we don’t win at least 1 Cup, then I’m sure there will be questions asked.

Its all about opinion, but do you think it would have been above Striker, LB and DM?
In an ideal world yes but transfers rarely run smoothly. Striker was urgent and I can’t understand why we didn’t have a back up plan if Kane and Haaland couldn’t be prised away. DM and LB for me are less urgent - I think we have decent options for both positions.

This whole Mendy affair must have had an impact on the players. Once we can move on from this unsavoury incident hopefully the group will refocus and continuing winning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.