What's the worst that can happen?

I think people have already forgotten the 19/20 season. That was what happens when everything goes wrong with Pep's City. Think of how everyone was acting like it was a disastrous time.

And yet we finished 2nd on 81 points. Won the LC. Made the FA Cup semi final. Made the CL quarters including a home and away win at Real Madrid. Still scored a shit ton.

We saw from the Norwich game that even without a world class striker we're still capable of playing great football and spanking all manners of teams into submission.

The likelihood is that we're going to get at least 80 points (how other teams will do will be interesting), have strong cup runs (barring an awful draw), score more goals than anybody else, and have a lot of great matchdays. That's the baseline, everything else is up. The only thing that could harm us is a major injury crisis, but that's true for every team and we're also the best equipped as far as squad strength goes on that front.

No trophies and 5th. Anything worse would be an absolute disaster.

I can see us finishing 3rd or 4th, with a possible domestic knockout cup trophy.

Imagine Pep not being in the CL in his final season at City.
Thats the worst and I don't want to think about it. but I have trust in pep and squad that it won't happen.

Realistically?

Rags win something and we just about scrape top 4 winning fuck all.

And I know some happy clapper blues will get all philosophical and York away about it but in the modern calibration of City yes, that would be a disaster of a season.

And while I maintain United are winning sod all while they’ve got that clueless gimp in the dug out, they are building a squad that can win stuff. As soon as they get an actual manager in, they’ll be dangerous.

On the pitch? I suppose finishing outside of the CL spots, which doesn't seem likely. And shows how lucky we are. 3rd/4th feels like the floor right now.

Off the pitch? Err, the Mendy situation. A lot needs answering there. I'm far more disappointed about that then Kane or Ronaldo.

On the pitch? I suppose finishing outside of the CL spots, which doesn't seem likely. And shows how lucky we are. 3rd/4th feels like the floor right now.

Off the pitch? Err, the Mendy situation. A lot needs answering there. I'm far more disappointed about that then Kane or Ronaldo.
Why? It is nothing to do with the Club. Knob heid.

I very much doubt that if you asked supporters in May the areas we needed to strengthen, a third choice goalkeeper and an attacking midfielder would unlikely to have featured highly.
By May after a mediocre season from Sterling many blues were at their wits ends with him. A sublimely talented left sided attacking midfielder like Grealish would I think have been one of the first areas fans wanted strengthening.

Not get Kane.
Not get Haaland.
Make prize dicks of ourselves over Ronaldo and Messi.
Boost our rivals.
Impose a ridiculous, ill thought out ticket scheme.
Not get a LB.
Lose one of the best strikers in history and fail ineptly to get any replacement despite knowing well in advance.
Piss the manager off.

Last edited:
Our success last season was built around the team not an individual. The rags have gone down the superstar individual route again and it may or may not work for them.

Spoke to my rag mate earlier and he was under the impression that even with Ronaldo we have the better team and manager still. He doesnt think they'll win anything.

Time will tell...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.