What's the worst that can happen?

Everton suspended their player right after the arrest, before charges were brought.

We not only carried on playing him but also had him film YouTube content with children in the meantime.
There was probably no case until this week, they couldn't suspend him for ever just in case and may not have known anything. He was out for October and November for the best part of 2 months so may have been suspended then, and the case dropped. He was also out for a month from mid-Jan.

A sense of perspective is needed. Had the fans been told at the end of May that neither Haaland nor Kane would leave their clubs but we could vote to sign either Grealish or Ronaldo I’m pretty sure that the vote would have been overwhelmingly in Grealish’s favour.

Any summer where we sign one of the brightest attacking talents in Europe has to be a good one.

Terrible week for City, for a variety of reasons ... but at the end of it, we're still favourites with the bookies to win the league again, and they are usually right or very close.

I felt a bit deflated after the latest transfer sagas but then gave myself a reality check. Imagine if we had seen these players play before but they were not currently City players and we bought them in this transfer window
Ederson
Stones
Diaz
Fernandhino
Gundogan
Mahrez
Grealish
Sterling
Foden
Jesus
De Bruyne

How buzzing would we be?
The worst that could happen is we do not appreciate what we have until it's gone.

A sense of perspective is needed. Had the fans been told at the end of May that neither Haaland nor Kane would leave their clubs but we could vote to sign either Grealish or Ronaldo I’m pretty sure that the vote would have been overwhelmingly in Grealish’s favour.

Any summer where we sign one of the brightest attacking talents in Europe has to be a good one.
I very much doubt that if you asked supporters in May the areas we needed to strengthen, a third choice goalkeeper and an attacking midfielder would unlikely to have featured highly.

The least worst is that we don't win the league or the CL. We can't win the league every season and as we have never won the CL, whilst disappointing, it's not the end of the world.

We don't retain the League Cup or win the FA Cup. The LC probably won't be thing for top PL clubs soon and we generally don't win the FA Cup so hardly a disaster.

We don't finish in the top four. From a personal point of view I don't give a rats arse about the CL but obviously the club do. It would be a big hit to our finances and I suspect that Pep might not see out the last year of his contract. As he isn't staying forever then it means we get to greet our next manager a bit sooner.

I suppose the point of this thread is that life goes on and so does our club. There will be ups and downs and maybe we are entering a down period. I'm in my 60th year of watching City and even when I've been pissed off I still can't help being City daft.
The best thing is you piss off from B/M.

No trophies and 5th. Anything worse would be an absolute disaster.

I can see us finishing 3rd or 4th, with a possible domestic knockout cup trophy.

Imagine Pep not being in the CL in his final season at City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.