What's the worst that can happen?

I could imagine Pep not being at city in his final season then. The worst case scenario for me is 4th. Just can't see us not finishing at least that high.
At this very moment I see Chelsea and Liverpool as fighting for the title. We just don't carry a goal-threat with a false 9 if Foden and KDB are injured. That is why losing Kane and Ronadlo is so devastating because as fans we all know the strengths and weaknesses of this side. Mahrez and Sterling can cut in to goal from the wings but defenders see it coming. We need to be able to attack the goal from all angles if we play the false 9 but Foden and KDB are the players who do this best.

I fear that the amount of football we have played, particularly the Euros, will damage us this season. Injuries are part luck. To start the season missing two vital players may be very damaging. We need to get through to the international break and hope that Foden and KDB are available afterwards. If we do, we are alive and kicking.

Other hopes: Delap seizes chances that will come his way. Jesus/Torres develop. Kayky hits the ground running in January. City take a gamble and buy an Aubameyang or Lacazette as a 1-2 season fix. All these are possible but unlikely so I think Chelsea or Liverpool will win the league this season. Man Utd have actually reduced their chances by buying Ronaldo because they do not need him. Cavani, Rashford, and Greenwood was a good pool of forwards. Now they will have to play Ronaldo and their main man could have been Greenwood who I really rate.

Partly. A consideration of the weeks events has given rise to a bit of soul searhing.
Soul searching? That's what Special K used to say when he wanted a new player. his club has got a lot of soul searching to do.

We don't need any soul searching. We have the best squad in the league, and have now added a £100m midfielder who breezes into any other team in europe.

What's the worst that could happen? FFS.

In 2007 i would have taken your hand off to get to a league cup final. Not even bothered if we did not win. I would have died happy after we won the league and never won anything again. The trophies/the goals/massive wins. There is a god and it is oil.
I love the league cup!

Soul searching? That's what Special K used to say when he wanted a new player. his club has got a lot of soul searching to do.

We don't need any soul searching. We have the best squad in the league, and have now added a £100m midfielder who breezes into any other team in europe.

What's the worst that could happen? FFS.
A lot of flappers about mate

Some need to put the phone down, turn the TV off and simply go to the match

No goal threat someone said, we scored 5 (6) last week

Let's see today also.

It's as if people expect the club to simply throw money like confetti and sign any player that moves

A lot of flappers about mate

Some need to put the phone down, turn the TV off and simply go to the match

No goal threat someone said, we scored 5 (6) last week

Let's see today also.

It's as if people expect the club to simply throw money like confetti and sign any player that moves
Did someone really say no goal threat? Unbelievable. We scored from every area of the pitch last week - bar the keeper!

At this very moment I see Chelsea and Liverpool as fighting for the title. We just don't carry a goal-threat with a false 9 if Foden and KDB are injured. That is why losing Kane and Ronadlo is so devastating because as fans we all know the strengths and weaknesses of this side. Mahrez and Sterling can cut in to goal from the wings but defenders see it coming. We need to be able to attack the goal from all angles if we play the false 9 but Foden and KDB are the players who do this best.

I fear that the amount of football we have played, particularly the Euros, will damage us this season. Injuries are part luck. To start the season missing two vital players may be very damaging. We need to get through to the international break and hope that Foden and KDB are available afterwards. If we do, we are alive and kicking.

Other hopes: Delap seizes chances that will come his way. Jesus/Torres develop. Kayky hits the ground running in January. City take a gamble and buy an Aubameyang or Lacazette as a 1-2 season fix. All these are possible but unlikely so I think Chelsea or Liverpool will win the league this season. Man Utd have actually reduced their chances by buying Ronaldo because they do not need him. Cavani, Rashford, and Greenwood was a good pool of forwards. Now they will have to play Ronaldo and their main man could have been Greenwood who I really rate.

When I see the word "devastating" I stop reading.

Marvin did about 3 posts up

Apparently it is devastating also

When I sort the lads on the coach from the Albion I will ask who is devastated

I bet not one is
Just noticed your location. Not been in there but it looks like a proper boozer. Used to drink in the Woodman before it's demise. Go up to the Ring 'o Bells these days (unless i'm in 'Spoons)

Just noticed your location. Not been in there but it looks like a proper boozer. Used to drink in the Woodman before it's demise. Go up to the Ring 'o Bells these days (unless i'm in 'Spoons)
I do a coach all home games from the Albion and as many away as possible

We will be in there afterwards, win or lose, you know the rest

Leicester away coach sorted, that will be a good trip

I should have your user name.

Newton Crescent lad and year of birth 1970

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.