What's underneath the Etihad Stadium?

Re: Whats underneath the etihad stadium?

most ridiculous thread of all time

during the commonwealth games, the concourse was used as a warm up area, you may be confused with that

the players warm up area are about the size of 2 squash courts.

so no full size pitch underground that would be stupid !!!!

Whats underneath the etihad stadium?

Gary James said:
Last person who tried a plan like that in a tunnel under a building got caught and ended up having a day in November named after him.

Was it that Fred Bonfire-Knight?

Bradford2.jpg

And here's an article about the remedial work that took place around the stadium last year

businessdesk__1301556136_Regeneration_site_at_Eastlands.jpg

AN £8m project to prepare a huge site next to the City of Manchester Stadium for potential regeneration has just been completed.Work on the 17-acre site, which contained two disused mine shafts used on the former Bradford Colliery site, has taken six months to complete. It involved capping the kilometre-deep shafts and encasing them in a 2m-thick, 22m-deep reinforced concrete structure.

Take a look at this link

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thisiseast.com/tag/local-history/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thisiseast.com/tag/local-history/</a>

Yep .. i was born and raised in Bradford , Manchester , during the 'late 50's/60's , and can confirm that the pit (Bradford Colliery) once stood there loud and proud ... as did nearby Johnsons wire-works.

As local kids we used to call the isolated area between the gasometer and the wire-works 'no-mans' land ... it was just a huge barren wasteland , with the odd disused factory bordering it ..... there were a number of small pubs in the immediate 'Forge Lane' area , which is now Alan Turing Way ... i'm struggling to recall their names for certain , but i'm pretty sure that one was named 'the Shakespeare' , and another i think was probably named 'the United'!

There was a cinema on Ashton New Road opposite what is now the ground ... and a couple of scrapyards , and my old primary school ,on land which is now becoame the site for Asda.

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_Colliery" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradford_Colliery</a>

black mamba said:
Yep .. i was born and raised in Bradford , Manchester , during the 'late 50's/60's , and can confirm that the pit (Bradford Colliery) once stood there loud and proud ... as did nearby Johnsons wire-works.

As local kids we used to call the isolated area between the gasometer and the wire-works 'no-mans' land ... it was just a huge barren wasteland , with the odd disused factory bordering it ..... there were a number of small pubs in the immediate 'Forge Lane' area , which is now Alan Turing Way ... i'm struggling to recall their names for certain , but i'm pretty sure that one was named 'the Shakespeare' , and another i think was probably named 'the United'!

There was a cinema on Ashton New Road opposite what is now the ground ... and a couple of scrapyards , and my old primary school ,on land which is now becoame the site for Asda.

New%20Royal%20Cinema%20-%20Ashton%20New%20Road.jpg

black mamba said:
there were a number of small pubs in the immediate 'Forge Lane' area , which is now Alan Turing Way ... i'm struggling to recall their names for certain , but i'm pretty sure that one was named 'the Shakespeare' , and another i think was probably named 'the United'!

It was The United and it was named after MUFC (from their time at Bank Street). A photo of it appears in my book "Manchester A Football History" - it was positioned roughly where the traffic lights are on the Asda corner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.