What's underneath the Etihad Stadium?

Re: Whats underneath the etihad stadium?

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Phleeper said:
There were rumours that some of the contractors buried Rags shirts under it, but that's neve been confirmed.

Apart from being juxtaposed with my arse, underground is the best place for a Rag shirt, preferably with the Rag still inside it!

Loads of rags said that when the building work really gets underway on the new training facility, they are going to bury their shirts on site
If they want any help digging the holes, they're more than welcome to give me a call

You should do the tour as they take you below the stadium. When I did it there was some classrooms for local schools. No idea if they are still there! Probably been changed into cells for unruly fans lol

Re: Whats underneath the etihad stadium???

Cruiser Blue said:
The Pink Panther said:
Underneath the stadium is an old coal mine
If you're talking about in the stadium itself, opposite both changing rooms is a warm up room with astroturf and an electronic board for shooting practise

Is that warm up room underground

It is underground, the entire lower tier and the pitch is below ground level but i wouldn't say it's underground as in tunneled under.

The warm up room is across from the home dressing room. It has a load of treadmills, balls, medicine balls and other gym equipment. Very small room though i wouldn't call it a training room more like a small gym.

I seem to recall for the Commonwealth Games, there were cells built down there for anyone arrested? Is that true / are they still there?<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:49 am --<br /><br />
Gaudino said:
Some of those mine shafts and tunnels spread right under north Manchester....a tunnel large enough for vehicles to travel connected Bradford (Beswick) Colliery to the one in Moston, where the 'Miners Estate' is (unsuprisingly) so Etihad and the proposed new FC united of Bury's ground will be 'connected'

Anyone got access to dynamite.....?

DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!!!!!! lol
There was a rumour amongst fellow campaigners against this unwanted stadium, that the land at the park wasn't strong enough to house the stadium due to the mine shafts underneath it. Sadly this hasn't come to fruition :(

Definitely correct about having a couple of cells down there

Would imagine they are still there as I think its a requirement of being a Uefa standard ground.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Phleeper said:
There were rumours that some of the contractors buried Rags shirts under it, but that's neve been confirmed.

Apart from being juxtaposed with my arse, underground is the best place for a Rag shirt, preferably with the Rag still inside it!

The pitch has been relaid since then so any shirts buried will be long gone.

This business with the rags shirts is a little stupid on their part.

Just means they will be beneath us forever.

Cruiser Blue said:
Silly question i know but for some reason i seemed to remember watching television programmes or news saying that there was a training facility underneath the stadium am i right cos i cant seem to find any pics of it anywhere or any write up about it

Guy Fawlkes, don't tell him

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.