What's up with Sturridge?

Remember seeing him play for our youth at Platt Lane on a Saturday morning (took my nipper as a treat) he played half the game alongside Etuhu, they quite a renowned pairing at the time.
Start of the second half Sturridge appeared suited and booted and surrounded by suits, he came over as an arrogant self centred arse, full of his own self importance, didn't even look at the game going on and shot off in a big Merc driven by one of the suits without saying anything to City staff way before the match finished. Made my mind up about him there and then, good riddance

As the thread is titled " What's up with Sturridge ", I think arrogant and greedy f*cker would appear to answer the question !

I think we look as fans at players and think they are doing thier dream job getting paid ridiculous sums of money... whats wrong with them? Well they are human beings we often forget, they do have mental illness, they do have family and relationship problems not to mention the increased media/social media exposure, having all that money and attention alongside standard life issues must be pretty overwhelming sometimes! If I had millions i certainly wouldnt want to keep going into a workplace which for whatever reason isnt what I want at the time and football, with all the pressures and expectations is their job after all!

I think we look as fans at players and think they are doing thier dream job getting paid ridiculous sums of money... whats wrong with them? Well they are human beings we often forget, they do have mental illness, they do have family and relationship problems not to mention the increased media/social media exposure, having all that money and attention alongside standard life issues must be pretty overwhelming sometimes! If I had millions i certainly wouldnt want to keep going into a workplace which for whatever reason isnt what I want at the time and football, with all the pressures and expectations is their job after all!

Well if that was the case, surely he should resign ;-)

I understand your point. Yet i think he's genuinely taking the piss like his uncle did. Far too similar.

In the modern game, i dont for one second think that any player can be truly 100% fit and that aches, pains and niggles are part and parcel and sometimes, have to be ignored and played through.

Sturridge strikes me as a player either unable or unwilling to do that and will cry off at every opportunity.

Its his career and his body so only he will know the truth but something doesn't sit right about the lad for me.

Didn't Klopp allude to something like this a couple of months ago, implying that he has to man up and play through the pain barrier? I thought it a bit odd at the time as Klopp had only been there a short while but obviously he knows more than us.

If it's a mental illness thing though then that's a completely different thing altogether and he shouldn't be ridiculed by anyone, let alone his manager.

He has probably got the lowest pain threshold I have ever seen in a footballer. Even in our youth team, any slight knock and he wanted to be substituted. This seems to have carried on throughout his professional career, and managers are beginning to notice. There also seems to be remarkable parallels with Michael Johnson.

I could, also, be totally wrong, and his "injuries" really are genuine.

What @KentBlue said, knock over that tin..

He said, while at a Spurs managed by Gerry Francis, that he was going to pretend to be injured as he didn't want to play for the manager. That came from someone, who was at the time, a club physio. He said it while he was being massaged at the training ground.

Les Ferdinand also once told my missus at a bbq several years ago that Anderton was going to be 'injured' over Christmas and new year as he had already booked to go to disneyland. Top man, Led Ferdinand. He was not a fan of Anderton as a man.

Anderton was a fraud. Shame as he had some talent.

So far up himself, he thinks he's better than he actual is. Liverpool have finally realised he's not that good after all so don't want to waste time feeding his ego.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.