What's your favourite boozer and why?

I grew up drinking in Prestwich and there were so many great boozers there, Red Lion, Church, Railway & Nats, Foresters, but my two favourites were always The Ostrich and The Friendship. Last time I went in the latter, it was maybe 5 years ago and it had turned into too much of an eatery. The Ostrich was still the same on my last visit, but it must’ve been 20 years ago.

All my favourite pubs are no more.

Then Tommy Ducks when I started work. That was shamefully demolished overnight to make way for Barbirolli Square.
the girlfriend and her mum worked behind bar in tommy ducks
they couldnt believe when turned up and it had gone over night
was it a greenall whitley pub

I drink regularly in all of these pubs:
Sir Ralph Abercrombie (despite being the MIB’s main haunt, I always drink in here pre-game for a City home game)
Lower Turks Head (top boozer, good feel to it)
Gullivers (great pub, maybe my favourite in Town?)
Edinburgh Castle (always a good atmosphere in here)
Shambles Square [Sinclair’s, Wellington, Mitre, Crown&Anchor](the most beautiful drinking area in Town)
The Deansgate (underrated pub this)
Mulligans (has the best pint of Guinness I’ve ever had in Britain and lads I know do gigs in there from time-to-time)
Peveril of the Peak (another high quality Guinness seller and a beautiful boozer)

Plus the Old Packet House, Cheshire Tap, Quarry Bank and the Black Boy which is my local.

EDIT- I say ‘drink’, I’ve not been out drinking much over the last year since being ill.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cross Keys in Swansea is a lovely old building filled with cunts who dont have jobs yet manage to spend all day pissing it up between noon and 7pm every single day, with a beer garden filled of cokeheads and one night of karaoke a week run by a deadleg who has done it in various pubs for about 30 years without getting any friendlier at doing it.
It is cheap though
I actually really like it in there. I can be quite the snob when it comes from where to go but the place has always treated me well.

I just can’t share your experience.

Sir Ralph Abercrombie (despite being the MIB’s main haunt, I always drink in here pre-game for a City home game)
Shambles Square [Sinclair’s, Wellington, Mitre, Crown&Anchor](the most beautiful drinking area in Town)
Mulligans (has the best pint of Guinness I’ve ever had in Britain)
Peveril of the Peak (another high quality Guinness seller and a beautiful boozer)

Plus the Old Packet House, Cheshire Tap, Quarry Bank and the Black Boy which is my local.

EDIT- I say ‘drink’, I’ve not been out drinking much over the last year since being ill.
The deansgate is quality

As it the black boy!

Not been in the church for years...still good?
Still good. I go in every couple of weeks.
As for Manchester: The Marble arch and the Beer House (possibly now the Angel) have always been favourites and also the Waldorf, Peveril of the Peak and the Rain Bar.
Used to like the fringe bar on Swan Street, and also the Smithfield before they did it up. They had a residents bar and would let anybody in to watch late night boxing if the bar staff recognised them. - Good beer and a fine range of whiskeys helped. The only problem was that the locals were like the cast of the living dead; many had died years earlier but nobody had told them. And the pool table was positioned too close to the wall.

Mulligans (has the best pint of Guinness I’ve ever had in Britain)

Agree on Mulligans being a great pint of Guinness, expensive but top quality. Pev decent too.

Mulligans (has the best pint of Guinness I’ve ever had in Britain and lads I know do gigs in there from time-to-time)

What do you drink in the black boy ? Cheshire tap is about 6 quid a pint isn't it . Been in the friendship today and that's a great gaff for a Guinness. Sat outside watching the nutters go by . There was a guy sat in the street wearing a police hat .

The Dog and Partridge in Titchmarsh was the best pub for many years, alas like so many gone now.
The Nags Head in Wollaston
The Kings Head in Wadenhoe
The ship in Oundle
The King Billy in Northampton

Now The Royal Wolf in Driggs( i can walk there)
Dave's pub in Tetonia
I liked the Wolf. Barstaff called me a ****. Felt right at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.