Whelan escapes FA action.

This actually doesn't effect us in any way whatsoever.

Caveman said:
This actually doesn't effect us in any way whatsoever.

Correct Cavey.

He should have been banned-He wont be.No issues for us as we don't play them again in the next 3 games however what is annoying is the way these rules are applied.It is totally baffling.

Imagine if he goes in on a Wigan player, Gomez say, top scorer, tomorrow night who then ends up out for the season, this will all be down to the FA and could cost Wigan their place in the Prem.

It's a disgrace that he's gotten away with it, and the rules need clarifying or changing regarding retro spective action.

inchy14 said:
Imagine if he goes in on a Wigan player, Gomez say, top scorer, tomorrow night who then ends up out for the season, this will all be down to the FA and could cost Wigan their place in the Prem.

It's a disgrace that he's gotten away with it, and the rules need clarifying or changing regarding retro spective action.

That would not help the culture of fingers on the scales though. There is a reason the the fa and pl and refs are so opaque. Naturally it is to prevent undue pressure and for no other reason whatsoever: the secrecy and unnaccountabilty are for the good of the game donchaknow, especially Sky Sports and their producers and commentators and contracted sidekicks (who continue to follow the brand-script) collectively known as "the band of three monkeys".

Clarity hinders their freedom of action (or omission) and that is the last thing they want.

Its a joke. Compare this and Vinny's.

Vinny.
Played the ball with one foot
Got to the ball a couple of hours before Wilshere
Back foot left the ground for a second
Won the ball

Whelan.
Clearly two footed
Both feet off the floor
Missed the ball
Played the man

This is'nt about the rules - its not even about consistency - it's about shit refereeing and bottle.

There is a simple reason this has happened. Sky don't have FA Cup rights, had they the tackle would have been replayed every half an hour on Sky Sports News. What I find laughable is the FA appear to be using the same reason not to punish Whelan as was used to punish Balotelli for the stamp on Parker which was the ref didn't fully see it.

Piss funny write up on SKY text :

Whelan jumped two-footed into a challenge with Garcia during his side's FA Cup fourth-round defeat to Manchester City on Saturday, catching the Spaniard's foot.

Whelan said after the game "I've gone in for the challenge and I don't think I tried to be dirty but if it looks that way on TV then I'll have to hold my hands up. I don't think I caught him as much as he was rolling about. It's the English game, and that's what the Premier League is so good for."

Never have I seen an incident reported as piss poorly as this. He "caught" Garcia's leg? Whelan doesn't think he was being dirty? And then to go on and accuse Garcia of playacting put the cherry on the top. What a load of cunts.

Not sure if anyone posted the gif... but this is disgusting. I really want to know what defensive coaches teach the "Long Jump" tackle

ibcFRKR9immpuk.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.