When a band hits the peak and is caught live on camera

Going to watch Hackett Lamb tour in October, taking my dad who got me into Genesis and my lad who I’ve got into Genesis (his number 1 Spotify group for last 2 years whilst at Uni!!)
Brilliant pal. I’m going to that tour as well and really looking forward to it. He normally plays a selection of solo tracks too, which are also excellent :-)

I followed them everywhere that era and always ended up backstage sharing spliffs.
That period was the best for me gig wise. Roses in Widnes Warrington, Mondays at Hacienda (Hillsboro benefit gig), Roses at Hacienda, then at International (day we blew it against Bournemouth), always good support bands (Dub Sex, King of the Slums). Inspirals in back of an articulated lorry in Albert Square. There seemed to be a gig on every week, Affleck’s Palace began to really take off, then all the Joe Bloggs stuff. Great days

That period was the best for me gig wise. Roses in Widnes Warrington, Mondays at Hacienda (Hillsboro benefit gig), Roses at Hacienda, then at International (day we blew it against Bournemouth), always good support bands (Dub Sex, King of the Slums). Inspirals in back of an articulated lorry in Albert Square. There seemed to be a gig on every week, Affleck’s Palace began to really take off, then all the Joe Bloggs stuff. Great days
You’re absolutely right. Manchester was at its musical peak but it hadn’t caught on nationwide yet. But locals knew and it was a thing. There was that “Manchester North of England” tape with a lot of the bands on. James were hot at that time too. Smiths and New Order had gone big. Afflex and eastern block on a Saturday was a centre of it all, Piccadilly records for gig tickets.

Great times to be a teenager.

Not a band I was particularly into, although I did see them twice in concert and it has to be said, they put a bloody good show on.

I would regard ‘The Joshua Tree’ to be the peak of U2, however, I believe this concert at Red Rock in 1983 is what made America sit up and notice.

Brilliant gig that. Would love to have been there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.