When did it change

Aside from the rags I didn't mind other English teams doing well. That certainly changed when we qualified for the CL. Largely because English sides tended to be our demise - we have always lost when playing English opposition in the CL, but also because they give us so much shite about needing to win it.

I wouldn't mind Villa winning the Conference, although as its Villa would probably prefer they didn't! Enjoyed West Ham's win in it last season and if they win the Europa, or Brighton do I'd be happy.

And I was happy to see Newcastle win last night too, whilst enjoying and wanting the rags and tarquins to lose the night before.

Were you supporting us vs Inter in June?

Ikkle old City winning the CL before you?

I bet you had a Lukaku shirt on!
I was 100% supporting City in that game. I'd even support Liverpool if they were playing a European side, but not if they were playing another English side.

Feel the animosity between us and the rags really notched up when that c**t Docherty was manager at OT. He encouraged the worse element of their support and refused to condemn their excesses.. Ferguson at least till the Keegan era seemed far more obsessed with Liverpool and in particular his feud with Dalglish. He even did a us a couple of good turns, fielding a full side in the Paul Lake testimonial and loaning us Terry Cook. He refused to take us seriously for years seeing us as Partick Thistle or Notts County but his attitude changed following the 2011 FA cup semi. He took his chance to get out on a high in 2013 seeing which way the wind was blowing.
Always supported every British team in Europe except the rags, however since the coach attack dislike Liverpool and always want them to lose.

pretty same as most on here, think the team i enjoyed seeing win the trophy most back in the early days was forest, couldnt beat cloughie winning it twice. Was good to see villa win it as well. Having said that in the 70s & 80s didnt like to see liverpool win the european cup because in those days every *** had a liverpool shirt or scarf no matter where you went.

Think it was the champions league era for me where things changed, didnt want rags or scousers to win it. Smug faces on the fans, you would have thought they actually played for the team. The the taunts about you will never be in champions league, then when we got in it "you will never win it" made it worse. Now it seems we dont want in english club to win it apart from us, i think it is down to annoying fans and media biased.

I wouldn't want the rags to win a raffle but only really started wanting Liverpool to lose in Europe post-Heysel. I was happy to back Derby, Forest, Villa in the European Cup and other English clubs in the CWC and UEFA Cup. Now, I'm not that arsed about anyone except City.

It's strange that I actually don't even want to watch any other team on TV. I used to just love watching football no matter what but I actually just don't have that passion anymore except for City.
Im the same. If i get asked if i fancy a few pints for super sunday.
Whos playing?
Chelsea v arsenal
Liverpool v newcastle

Nah

Not sure when it changed. As a kid i wanted liverpool, forest, villa to win the european cup. Everton were always a second team for me (city were crap, preferred everton winning leagues over liverpool) so remember cheering when they won the uefa .
Never wanted the rags to win anything!

Now the jealousy from other teams has fucked that.
Dont want liv, rags or arse to win a raffle.
Indifferent to chelsea. Happy enough of they win a trophy, not bothered if they dont.
Not arsed at all about spurs, its just funny when they win nowt.

But say if brighton get to the uefa cup final i would cheer then on.

As an aside, i was in bournemouth in the week before the champs league final. Kids had city kits on and a millwall fan in the hotel wished us well. Said hes always hated united but city are a proper club.
Bournemouth fans , a norwich fan , a pompey fan all wishing us well
A spurs fan said he hopes we dont win

Its an odd one for me, I cant honestly remember when i actually started supporting City, however i can clearly remember Alan Sunderland scoring in the cup final to beat the Rags and running around like a loon. At this point I must have already been a blue.

I can also remember cheering on Liverpool, Villa and Forest in the European cup runs, i had nothing against them at that point so i guess it was in the 80's.

The 70's and 80's were fairly neutral with regards to my hatred of other teams, apart from United, I've always despised them, and can't even remember a time when I didn't. Liverpool/Spurs began to get my attention in 1981 following cup defeats and have remained hated clubs ever since....others have been added to the list over the years.

When we played Monchengladbach in the 1978-79 UEFA Cup, Bob Paisley met with City and shared his notes and insight into their tactics with City as Liverpool had played them the season before.
That wouldn’t happen now!
yes it has the bully went to PSG pre game meeting a the lowry hotel
that ended well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.