When did it change

Never wanted the Rags to win anything.

As for the Data Hackers, it changed for me after Heysel. And even more so after the Cult smashed up the City coach.

As for the rest, not that arsed, apart from not wanting Arsenal to win the CL.

Mid 2000s.

Seems mental now ( and a bit heartless ) that I was proper pissed off when the fixed Heysel game broke what I thought was England’s run of winning it.

Only when they invented the internet that I found out Hamburg had won it the year after Villa anyway.

Before the 90s the games were not on telly so no one was aware of much until the finals.

You still had fans who would watch both City and United home games in the 80s though and it wasn't as partisan.

As a kid only wanted minor clubs to have a run such as Norwich when beating Munich etc

The likes of the rags, dips, arse etc no chance, every game they played was worth more money and left us further behind

never wanted rags to win anything, but must confess I wanted Liverpool to win it in 05 & 07 and wanted Arsenal to win it in 06, never bothered me when Chelsea won it in 12 but it all changed for me after the coach attack in 18 and found myself putting dippers on same pedestal as rags to the point I was desperate to even see Spurs win it in 19, going forward I don't care if any other English club were to win it as I wouldn't want to turn into a bitter in the same way Villa & Forest fans are

The club changed.
The attitude to the club by others changed
The G14 changed to survive
The club changed again, we weren't going away and, therefore, we were there to be shot at.
Rivals changed tactics to survive and began a bullying/misinformation/vendetta towards us.
The media followed the G14 directives, and that broke any solidarity with any other English clubs (bar a very few).
So, There We Are Then. That's how we stand today.
Playing the best football on the planet and being ignored.
Fuck 'em all!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.