When did you know it was won?

City 4 Liverpool 0 July 2020.

That was the game that told me Liverpool were going to shit the bed now that they had their one title and that City weren't going to go another season without really stepping up.

I think it's fair to say that blues have had quite different responses to when they felt confident that we had won the league...

When did you feel like it was done?

Maybe I'm getting cocky in Pep years, but I've felt it was over since Liverpool. I haven't had a single doubt since Foden hit his thunderbastard.
Have to agree although quietly so. We were on a run of form that most teams will never achieve so its hard not to be confident. Then humiliating that lot in Merseyside, in their back yard was a joy to behold.
Bit of a bum twitch when we lost to Leeds (still annoyed about it really) but it was only a matter of time in the end.
Can't wait to get back in the ground now to celebrate properly if I'm lucky enough and bring of Chelsea!!

Chelsea away in early January

I always fancied if we put a run together that we would climb quickly up the table. It was that sort of season were no team was winning more than 3 games in a row.

We had a few games in hand for the first three months and a handy looking run before Xmas. I’d given up hope after the West Brom game at home mind you, but after winning our next and seeing the teams around us all being very inconsistent I knew we’d a big chance

When we won game after game in February’s tough run of fixtures. People can say it’s not won until it’s won, but this team wasn’t letting a big points lead slip. United aren’t good enough and we’re to good when Pep doesn’t rest his key players. The reaction to Saturdays loss on here was mad, I actually felt sorry for some posters.

Good thread. Had to think about it. For me it was Gundo’s goal against Spurs. We were so poor against them earlier in the season, and we steamrolled them. Ederson’s pass was magic, a deke leaves whichever hapless Spurs defender that was faceplanted in the mud, and Mr. Whippy slots home. That was a goal of supreme talent and confidence and an important result. We were 6 or 7 points up then and I remember thinking “We’re back to our best against this lot.” Great performance.

I wont say I thought we would win it but I thought the performance away at Southampton in late December was the most positive I felt about us in what felt like forever.

I remember Bernardo was immense and we just played with a swagger and a steely determination we hadn't seen that season. The best part, it kinda came out of nowhere.

I remember watching that game and remembering how good the players actually are. Thankfully, we've not looked back since.

To answer the actual question(sorry I digressed)... Chelsea Away. We were back and I felt we could take on anyone and smash them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.