When did you know it was won?

When Leicester won at OT, and then I woke up this morning, pinched myself & could confirm it's not all a dream.

Unless it's a very long dream & I'll wake up shortly to find we actually lost to Gillingham in the playoffs & are now non-league ?

I dont mind admitting I was flapping big time. I didnt sleep after Chelsea game.....I had visions of United being 4 points behind and us (well Jesus and Raz) missing 15 open goals in the first half v a resurgent Newcastle and us wobbling with one eye on the champs league.
I couldnt bring myself to get updates on the United game, and only dared check the result after 88 mins. On 89th min I decided to turn tele on and then I knew. Not one second before.

I will never get rid of Cityitis Im sorry. Ill never forget when we scored a 1:0 winner v Birmingham in the 89th min (think it was Murtaz Sheila who scored I havent checked), I went and had a shower and went to the pub only to learn we´d lost. That rage will never leave me and ever since not once have I counted chickens, no matter how unlikely the scenario. If wed messed it up it would have looked great along side "only side to be relegated as champions" and "only side to be relegated with positive goal difference" accolades!!! ....Call it flapping if you must, but try as I might I always fear the worst...makes me enjoy the best all the more!!

Happy Celebrating Blues!

Probably Wolves.

I've long-since been convinced that United wouldn't get more than 78 points and expected us to beat them at home, looks like one of the predictions should still come true

I was watching Michael Portillo on a train journey in Greece. My wife who can not help herself was opening and shutting her iPad every few seconds and I knew she was checking the Scum score. I stubbornly refused to ask her what the score was or even look at her, suddenly she shouted "United have lost" and that was when I found out. A few minutes later one of my neighbours appeared at the front window waving his City scarf, we went to the front door and another neighbour was waving his flag we all burst into a chorus of Championes. No sign of the Red Fucker next door.

When the ref blew for full time at the swamp last night. I was obviously quietly confident as we had quite a big lead but when we lost to ten man Leeds it started all those old "Typical City" feelings inside. Then the penalty fiasco and again losing in injury time to Chelsea set my nerves jangling

There are a fair few the same here, we had decades of failure and cock ups to scar us and no matter how many people say relax we've won it I'll never believe that until it's definitely done. In fact such confidence and saying it's won sends me over the edge as I'm convinced they're stirring up the God's to conspire against us

That's just part of the make up of what forms many City fan's psyche I guess. It took decades of cock ups and failure to put is in that state and it will take a while to heal.

What an achievement though considering how we started the season and what a glorious last thirteen years.

I was watching Michael Portillo on a train journey in Greece. My wife who can not help herself was opening and shutting her iPad every few seconds and I knew she was checking the Scum score. I stubbornly refused to ask her what the score was or even look at her, suddenly she shouted "United have lost" and that was when I found out. A few minutes later one of my neighbours appeared at the front window waving his City scarf, we went to the front door and another neighbour was waving his flag we all burst into a chorus of Championes. No sign of the Red Fucker next door.
I was reading that until the last sentence thinking ‘how the fuck have you managed to get to greece‘. ;-)

Never in doubt even after the Leeds defeat.
So far in front that there was not even a chance of typical City losing the league.
Typical City arrived in the Chelsea game with the penalty miss and losing to an injury time goal.
No way even after that defeat were we going to lose the league.

When the ref blew for full time at the swamp last night. I was obviously quietly confident as we had quite a big lead but when we lost to ten man Leeds it started all those old "Typical City" feelings inside. Then the penalty fiasco and again losing in injury time to Chelsea set my nerves jangling

There are a fair few the same here, we had decades of failure and cock ups to scar us and no matter how many people say relax we've won it I'll never believe that until it's definitely done. In fact such confidence and saying it's won sends me over the edge as I'm convinced they're stirring up the God's to conspire against us

That's just part of the make up of what forms many City fan's psyche I guess. It took decades of cock ups and failure to put is in that state and it will take a while to heal.

What an achievement though considering how we started the season and what a glorious last thirteen years.
Could not agree more with all that you say. If you had been at the Luton Town game in 1983, like I was, then you always carry the scars of "Typical City". Watching that twat David Pleat dancing around our pitch at full time still sickens me to this day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.