When England play an international

adr2.8i

When England play internationals and players score from your club sides worst enemy, do you still cheer?

for example. its a world cup final. England v Germany. its 0-0 and in the last minute, england get a penalty kick. Up steps Rooney..................... now all year your slating him for being a united player, you absolutley despise the guy...............but here he is with a chance to win the world cup for your national side........................

Do you celebrate if he scores?
Do you hope he missus?

When Man Utd players play for England, do you get fully behind them even though they play for the sworn enemy and you spend all season hating them? Do you put your hatred to one side for national games?

And when rival fans meet at international games, is there any trouble at all? you dont seem to hear about it in the papers so im guessing there isnt any trouble these days? You see loads of flags and banners from loads of english clubs and internationals on tv so to me it looks like the majority of fans "unite" at internationals?

Last edited:
I can hardly muster a cheer for a City player when he scores for England, so I certainly ain't cheering for Rooney and his fellow vermin if they score.....I suffer from a severe bout of "England Apathy" and have done for some time now!

Most England fans are bitter and hypocrites , quite happy to see England lose so they can have a good old moan and slag them off, If England win it will just be dismissed 'the other team are crap' 'we were lucky' etc etc

To answer your question .. In a World Cup final they would probably cheer if a rival player scored ... But a few games later slag him and the team off so normal service resumed.

For me personally, I hate spurs with a passion - it wouldn't bother me one bit if England had 11 spurs players on the field , I will fully the support the managers decision and the team.

Dont tend to see them as who they play for when they play for England unless they are City players. Never cheered a Rooney goal since it came out he was a twisted **** and serial cheater but thats got little to do with his rag connections

It seems on this forum in particular most aren't that bothered about England mainly down to the FA and the way things are run, plus the fact that England games are at awkward times on silly days and in London meaning they are not accessible to most people based in the north. Most of the players have become so consumed with fame etc that it is hard to support them in an England shirt because they don't show the passion they should. I however will always support England regardless, if Rooney steps up and scores for England I will support him but of course when he plays for the rags I wont! I'm an Englishmen and I love my country therefore I want the national team to do well.

For me watching England is up there with doing the washing up at Chritsmas, I don't want to do it, but it has to be done. I think it's an English national trait (and one I'm very proud of) to not be very patriotic, or at least very cynical. I haven't been able to muster mutch enthusiasm for my national team since euro '96 and to be honest I haven't a clue why, it may be my low levels of patriotic ferver, the press hyperbole, the England band/fans or a mixture of all of them.

thanks for the replies guys.

im quite shocked by some responses. i really thought that the majority of fans would be fiercely patriotic.

adr2.8i said:

im quite shocked by some responses. i really thought that the majority of fans would be fiercely patriotic.
Bluemoon is not a very patriotic place. Its full of winos and communists

BoyBlue_1985 said:
adr2.8i said:

Bluemoon is not a very patriotic place. Its full of winos and communists

i find that hard to believe! Best fans on the planet bar none!

I agree with the comments about Euro 96, it has been hard to support the side with much passion since. The good old days of pre major tournament songs have disappeared because there would be no point releasing one saying "football isn't coming home, several more years of hurt". There was always a major hype surrounding tournaments and dilemmas over selection. Now, with all due respect to the players involved, we are bemoaning the loss of Danny Welbeck and have Ricky Lambert or nothing essentially. The atmosphere surrounding the national team was once passionate and now home games are too pricey and the slow paced play is only interrupted by the odd sound of a trumpet playing great escape. Still, I will always watch and support the side because that is what we do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.