When England play an international

mcfc1894 said:
would I fuck cheer if he scored. I would on the other hand laugh my head off if he smashed it miles over the bar. all I hope from england games is that our players come out of it without the media backlash and people slating them. couldn't give a toss if they win lose or draw. chose to support city, made to support england. I'll stick with what I chose. it's just the england football team I can't stand. Rugby, cricket, golfers, speedway, motor racing etc I hope all of them win

I echo this post entirely except that I had no choice in becoming a City fan, not if I wanted to be fed as a child.

so im getting the slight impression that the success of the club comes before any success by your national team :-)

You've got that right OP. Living in Bridgend are you Welsh? If so what's your feeling for English Rugby Union. Do you think it's boring and predictable as most non-English fans do? We play to the strengths of our game which lies in giving the opposition a thumping by the forwards, making it an ugly up the jumper pushing spectacle with little play from the back row.

Now, you just think what most rugby fans outside England think about English Rugby and apply that to what Manchester City fans think of England football. England boot long balls up to the big lad up front, playing the game that statistically gives success with little emphasis on the skill and technique that turns a team of consistent quarter finalists into a World or European Championship winning side.

I gave up all hope when they didn't renew bobby Robson's contract, he'd managed a team of piss heads to be somewhat cheated in Mexico '86 and a great tournament in Italia '90 despite failures in the Euros.

Carver said:
You've got that right OP. Living in Bridgend are you Welsh? If so what's your feeling for English Rugby Union. Do you think it's boring and predictable as most non-English fans do? We play to the strengths of our game which lies in giving the opposition a thumping by the forwards, making it an ugly up the jumper pushing spectacle with little play from the back row.

I gave up all hope when they didn't renew bobby Robson's contract, he'd managed a team of piss heads to be somewhat cheated in Mexico '86 and a great tournament in Italia '90 despite failures in the Euros.

yes unfortunatley i am welsh and i agree with your english rugby comment above :-)

sir bobby was one of my favourite managers. as a manager i thought he was fantastic and he managed some of the biggest clubs around. And from interviews and the tribute that was shown on tv after he died showed him to be a very decent man. what he did at ipswich was incredible for such a small club.

so the gripe is more at the FA rather than the national side itself?

I havent cared for a long time, neither seemingly have the players. I can;t remember any of our recent players belting our anthem out like this.
<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/Yr__-KqnfQM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/Yr__-KqnfQM</a>

Dont have that problem myself!!! Well, I think Jonathon Spector was the only player in the US team aside from Howard for a couple of years. I used to hope England went far in tournaments but my disgust for all things Rag has grown over the years!!!

adr2.8i said:
thanks for the replies guys.

im quite shocked by some responses. i really thought that the majority of fans would be fiercely patriotic.

Can only be patriotic towards my country and the country is called Britain, not England. Three lions means rock all to me. And why do England have God Save the Queen as their anthem and yet the others don't. BORING! I hate Wayne Rooney, but if he scored for a BRITISH national side, in a final against anyone, I'd love him for it. RULE BRITANNIA!

i like to see England win, but dont cheer any goal, i'm happy they score and all that but i wont cheer, and i hate Roy Hodgson with a passion, he is awful, his selections are awful and his tactics are awful

hallstreetblue said:
adr2.8i said:
thanks for the replies guys.

im quite shocked by some responses. i really thought that the majority of fans would be fiercely patriotic.

Can only be patriotic towards my country and the country is called Britain, not England. Three lions means rock all to me. And why do England have God Save the Queen as their anthem and yet the others don't. BORING! I hate Wayne Rooney, but if he scored for a BRITISH national side, in a final against anyone, I'd love him for it. RULE BRITANNIA!

Britain is not a country.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.