When England play an international

Can't remember the last time I sat through a full England game and gave it my utmost attention, probably about 96' I would guess. In all honesty I don't give a single thought to England and if I'm being completely honest as long as our players come back injury free and hopefully any rags get seriously fucked then that's about as perfect an Engerland game I could ever wish for and then I might find it interesting enough to watch the repeated highlights. Just do not find it of any interest whatsoever.

adr2.8i said:
Hi guys, be gentle here for i am not an Englishman.

Theres this thought in my head thats been nagging me for years and years now.

When England play internationals and players score from your club sides worst enemy, do you still cheer?

for example. its a world cup final. England v Germany. its 0-0 and in the last minute, england get a penalty kick. Up steps Rooney..................... now all year your slating him for being a united player, you absolutley despise the guy...............but here he is with a chance to win the world cup for your national side........................

Do you celebrate if he scores?
Do you hope he missus?

When Man Utd players play for England, do you get fully behind them even
though they play for the sworn enemy and you spend all season hating them? Do you put your hatred to one side for national games?

And when rival fans meet at international games, is there any trouble at all? you dont seem to hear about it in the papers so im guessing there isnt any
trouble these days? You see loads of flags and banners from loads of english clubs and internationals on tv so to me it looks like the majority of fans "unite"
at internationals?
What about you? Coming from where you do, you're probably a Cardiff fan. Would you cheer if Ashley Williams scored from a corner for Wales, him being a Swansea player?

Ell-ano said:
i like to see England win, but dont cheer any goal, i'm happy they score and all that but i wont cheer, and i hate Roy Hodgson with a passion, he is awful, his selections are awful and his tactics are awful

1 defeat in 20 with everyone labelling our players as ''shit'' ... I would say Hodgson is doing something right

As an England fan I think I would cheer although you wouldn't get me chanting "Rooney, Rooney"

I more judge the player than the team he plays for. Being a Spurs fan, if Walcott scored for England I would probably be more excited than if Wilshere scored for England, given that I think Walcott is pretty likable from what I've seen of him, while I think Wilshere is a ****.

I'm always happy to see England win and I think Hodgson is doing the best he can with the shower of shit he's currently been dealt. I have no doubt that it'll come unstuck when we actually meet a decent team in a competitive match though. That's what's always annoyed me about England. Of course we sail through qualifying, beating teams we should beat. But I can't remember us ever punching above our weight in tournaments. You'd think once in all the years I've been watching, we'd have had one decent run.

But I do find England really dull to watch. Even in the dullest days of Stuart Pearce, I still found City better to watch than England, despite England having much better players. So imagine the contrast now.

hallstreetblue said:
adr2.8i said:
thanks for the replies guys.

im quite shocked by some responses. i really thought that the majority of fans would be fiercely patriotic.

Can only be patriotic towards my country and the country is called Britain, not England. Three lions means rock all to me. And why do England have God Save the Queen as their anthem and yet the others don't. BORING! I hate Wayne Rooney, but if he scored for a BRITISH national side, in a final against anyone, I'd love him for it. RULE BRITANNIA!

Erm, sorry to disappoint you, but I think you'll find that England is our country, not Britain. Are you for real?

I personally have lost interest in our national side over the past 10 years or so, although a trip to the 2006 world cup in Germany temporarily revived my patriotism despite the poor quality football. As for Wales, Northern Ireland and especially Scotland I really couldn't give a shite!

davymcfc said:
As an England fan I think I would cheer although you wouldn't get me chanting "Rooney, Rooney"

Same for me, I'd cheer a Rooney goal (for England) but wouldn't sing his name. It isn't a question of City or England, people can support both so it's ridiculous spouting the 'I hate England' bollocks. No doubt the same hypocrites will have a flag hanging out of their cars during the next major finals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.