When is Pep going to get the recognition he deserves?

All you ever hear is genius this, he’s changed the game that. He gets plenty of praise from everyone in the game. Rightfully so.

Not sure what the angle of this thread is, after beating Ipswich the first home game of the season.
Presumably some 16 year old in his bedroom wearing grey tracksuit bottoms in Urmston typed “Pep couldn’t do it at Bury” on twitter and got three likes.

What Pep needs to do is shave his hair, tatoo himself liberally including a swastika hidden in there, wear an English flag as a cape, loot a local shoe shop and have a couple of vicious XL Bullies on each side while waving a can of Stella in one hand and his stolen crocs in the other.

Proper passion that the Sun would love.

When is he going to get the recognition he deserves as being the best manager and influencer of modern football this game has ever seen.
Just reading Martin Peranau’s latest book on him. It’s astonishing to see how he works. He is a genius. No one gets close to him as a Coach.

City fans know the truth. Players know the truth. Other managers know the truth. Hacks write within their editorial policy which is dictated by sales and clicks; they will appease the biggest audience. Their biggest audience despises his success because it has destroyed the success that they once enjoyed.
Wish I could have double or triple liked this post, as it goes straight the issue that it is ONLY in the media that Pep doesn’t get the kudos he deserves.

Players, coaches and the fans of his teams that watch every minute of every game KNOW THE TRUTH, but for those further afield or who support his teams’ opponents, he will be called “Fraudiola” and a “cheque book manager.”

Normally, the people someone works with on a daily basis are the ones people listen to when asking about someone’s work product, work ethic, and the experience of working with him.

Almost without exception, the response to working with Pep is adoration and the almost ubiquitous opinion that he is a “genius.”

Players who have years of top level, international, experience say things like “I thought I knew how to play football, but I realize I didn’t know anything” and “he made football simple to me,” and other such revelatory comments.

As City fans, I think many of us have grown up with an inferiority complex regarding who we are in comparison to the red shirts whom the media lauds. However, those of us with experience of the City of the 60s and 70s KNOW that we were one of the biggest clubs BEFORE the red shirts began to monopolize the narrative and were simply a sleeping giant that decades of mismanagement had anesthetized.

With the purchase by Sheikh Mansour, I think that sleeping giant was awoken and with the bringing together of Ferran, Txiki and then Pep, Khaldoon then provided the resources needed to allow Pep to use his knowledge to the greatest possible effect…and we have seen the result of that.

Even though for decades the red shirts have been doing for their clubs what Khaldoon has only been able to do for City for the last decade or so, their collective media monopoly has dominated the conversation.

Thankfully, though, the players and coaches who KNOW THE TRUTH understand the reality and the record books reflect the FACTS.

However, what is most important is that Pep doesn’t crave the attention and do things for effect. Rather, he is a deep thinker of football (and other sports!) to help create the simplest, best football and the most successful football teams the world has ever seen.

In short, those in the know KNOW, so who cares what lazy “journalists” think?!

Wish I could have double or triple liked this post, as it goes straight the issue that it is ONLY in the media that Pep doesn’t get the kudos he deserves.

Players, coaches and the fans of his teams that watch every minute of every game KNOW THE TRUTH, but for those further afield or who support his teams’ opponents, he will be called “Fraudiola” and a “cheque book manager.”

Normally, the people someone works with on a daily basis are the ones people listen to when asking about someone’s work product, work ethic, and the experience of working with him.

Almost without exception, the response to working with Pep is adoration and the almost ubiquitous opinion that he is a “genius.”

Players who have years of top level, international, experience say things like “I thought I knew how to play football, but I realize I didn’t know anything” and “he made football simple to me,” and other such revelatory comments.

As City fans, I think many of us have grown up with an inferiority complex regarding who we are in comparison to the red shirts whom the media lauds. However, those of us with experience of the City of the 60s and 70s KNOW that we were one of the biggest clubs BEFORE the red shirts began to monopolize the narrative and were simply a sleeping giant that decades of mismanagement had anesthetized.

With the purchase by Sheikh Mansour, I think that sleeping giant was awoken and with the bringing together of Ferran, Txiki and then Pep, Khaldoon then provided the resources needed to allow Pep to use his knowledge to the greatest possible effect…and we have seen the result of that.

Even though for decades the red shirts have been doing for their clubs what Khaldoon has only been able to do for City for the last decade or so, their collective media monopoly has dominated the conversation.

Thankfully, though, the players and coaches who KNOW THE TRUTH understand the reality and the record books reflect the FACTS.

However, what is most important is that Pep doesn’t crave the attention and do things for effect. Rather, he is a deep thinker of football (and other sports!) to help create the simplest, best football and the most successful football teams the world has ever seen.

In short, those in the know KNOW, so who cares what lazy “journalists” think?!
This is just paranoid delusion. The media absolutely fawn over Pep.

Yeah not sure where this thread is coming from. From what little I glean sticking my head into the wider world Pep is already regarded by most as the best manager the game has ever seen. You still get some of the older heads citing Ferguson but even they know deep down that Pep would have ran rings around him.

I think so too, despite them getting the odd 115 or chequebook reference in there even the anti city pundits seem to recognise his ability and achievements.
I suspect the unmerited fawning the op is after will only happen if he manages the rags, dippers, spurs or England.

Yeah not sure where this thread is coming from. From what little I glean sticking my head into the wider world Pep is already regarded by most as the best manager the game has ever seen. You still get some of the older heads citing Ferguson but even they know deep down that Pep would have ran rings around him.
Pretty much the only debate you ever hear in The media is whether Pep or Ferguson are the greatest of all time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.