When is Pep going to get the recognition he deserves?

If you remove the noise from a very very small section of social media then all you get for Pep is praise, the hate for City in general is loud but they seem to have sectioned Pep away from that.

Maybe they don't want to lose the chance of Pep managing one of their red top teams in the future?

Say what you see or Believe what you hear

Media bullshit is for the weak red scum fans to lap up, Knowing your job as a sports writer is to get clicks,
Targets must be hit, Pressure from within, That media pass is their lifeline, Dare you say something to upturn the applecart,

Are people really that blind or stupid to understand Greatness, Results/Tables/Stats/Honours are all there in black and white,

Sadly never, because he doesn't manage one of the 3 red shirt cartel clubs.

You only have to look at the fawning over Klopp and what he won, compared to what Pep has won, to understand that
This they can’t stand it; they can’t beat on the pitch & they can’t beat us off it so they have to resort to trying to stop us by constantly changing absurd & damaging spending limitations that endangers the competitiveness of one of the UK’s last great exports.
All so some red shirted twat can celebrate a hollow title win!

Pep will get the recognition he deserves when he admits he and Manchester City are cheating bastards. Then he’ll be lead through the streets of Manchester in chains to St Ann’s Square where he’ll be placed in stocks and be pelted with excrement. He’ll then manage England for free to a World Cup win whereupon he will celebrate by urinating on what was the reception at The Etihad (it’s been demolished by this point). This is your average red top fan’s wet dream. I love it lol.

With almost every Team in the pyramid of English football, trying to replicate some of Pep's style / Tactics I think this shows how much he is revered in the Game. The Media is a different Beast and it wont be until he leaves these shores will they begrudgingly give him the respect he ultimately deserves.

He wont. Hes thought of as a cheque book manager by the great unwashed. Quite the opposite is true.
We know… and thats fine
We all know the score. Pep has had funds, but only because the financial management strategy of the football club. The media know this too, but it doesn't suit their twisted narrative.

Plenty of fans of other clubs know that having funds doesn't guarantee success. There have been more than a handful of 'chequebook' managers that haven't been able to produce a cohesive, exiting and successful football team, and only one who managed it over such a sustained period of time. I won't mention his name, but we all know who I mean. In his case the deck was heavily stacked in his favour. Not so with Pep. We are fucked over at every opportunity, and this is why Pep's achievements are so unique.

This thread is rooted in confirmation bias and paranoia. Pretty much everyone in football recognises Pep as one of the greatest managers of all time.

But there are issues in this country with both the media and supporters of other clubs. There is some paranoia but it’s not just that.

All are inured to the success and stature of the red teams and have been slow to adapt to the changing of the guard.

I may be wrong but I think the rest of the world is changing with respect to English football faster than England is. Some are still in denial about City, they really are.

I live away from Manchester and people do recognise that Pep is a great manager but he and City still do not get as much credit as I think they should. It’s a minor thing though: what matters is City winning games and trophies because silverware trumps opinions.

But there are issues in this country with both the media and supporters of other clubs. There is some paranoia but it’s not just that.

All are inured to the success and stature of the red teams and have been slow to adapt to the changing of the guard.

I may be wrong but I think the rest of the world is changing with respect to English football faster than England is. Some are still in denial about City, they really are.

I live away from Manchester and people do recognise that Pep is a great manager but he and City still do not get as much credit as I think they should. It’s a minor thing though: what matters is City winning games and trophies because silverware trumps opinions.
What would you like to see/hear/read that would deem a satisfactory amount of praise for Pep and City? And how often?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.