When is something going to be done about the Ticket Office?

Balti said:
45 minutes on the phone repeatedly before being cut off yet again and being charged at a premium rate = an unbelievable piss take of loyal supporters

It's not a premium number for the Ticket Office now though, 0161 number so counts as local call or included in most 'free' or 'inclusive' minutes.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:37 pm --<br /><br />
stillblue said:
Got to agree that the staff are great when you get throu but the system is shit, in fact not as good as shit.
Got my ticket for Napoli on the cup scheme ok. When i tried to buy for 2 of my "Friends and Family FF" it let me buy the 1st but then kept giving a "this supporter has exceeded his limit" message when I tried to buy the 2nd. Tried all day to get throu on the phone, including waiting on the line for over an hour at one point but no chance. Went on F&F the following day and it let me buy the 2nd ticket. Needed to get a 3rd ticket for a none season carder F&F this morning and would not let me buy again. Kept pressing the selected seat until it finaly let me have it. They must be losing sales.
Why no tickets on sale for weeks on end then Wigan>Napoli>Fulham>EDS>Everton>Bayern Munich all on sale over the same few days??????

Also happened to me when I Was trying to get mine for Napoli yesterday - worked eventually, had to swap browsers to make it work though! Seems some of the seat selector site is a bit buggy - they have to programme up the restrictions, like loyalty pts and number of tickets allowed etc but it's a bit crap.

1an3 said:
Balti said:
45 minutes on the phone repeatedly before being cut off yet again and being charged at a premium rate = an unbelievable piss take of loyal supporters

It's not a premium number for the Ticket Office now though, 0161 number so counts as local call or included in most 'free' or 'inclusive' minutes.

I know they've changed it now mate but they ripped us off first. I hate to think what I paid for those calls before I finally got through and ordered the ticket that I was entitled to.

It cannot be beyond the wit of man and computer systems to let supporters buy their tickets without such ludicrous queues whether they are physical or virtual. On any day it is piss poor but on a work day it is particularly galling and frustrating.

Having nice new offices and nice new uniforms is meaningless. The people I deal with are all generally very nice folk. It's not their fault obviously. But it is only the end result and the service delivery (or lack of it) that counts.

Either there are not enough staff (recruit more for busy periods or outsource it); the system is not good enough (invest in it so it works or outsource it); or it is simply down to piss poor planning and management (sack/ demote the person/ people responsible and get some experienced ticketing management in instead, or outsource it).

Simply not good enough for this club now and definitely not up to the superbia standards that the club has set itself, and is largely meeting, in every area of operations.

Some of us are so committed that we have no choice but to live with it but any new potential supporters interfacing with the club through this department may well have such a disappointing 'experience' that they can't be arsed in future. And those of us being asked to part with more and more cash may come to feel the same.

Make it simpler, quicker, and easier City. Please. (ffs ;-)

Balti said:
1an3 said:
Balti said:

It's not a premium number for the Ticket Office now though, 0161 number so counts as local call or included in most 'free' or 'inclusive' minutes.

I know they've changed it now mate but they ripped us off first. I hate to think what I paid for those calls before I finally got through and ordered the ticket that I was entitled to.

It cannot be beyond the wit of man and computer systems to let supporters buy their tickets without such ludicrous queues whether they are physical or virtual. On any day it is piss poor but on a work day it is particularly galling and frustrating.

Having nice new offices and nice new uniforms is meaningless. The people I deal with are all generally very nice folk. It's not their fault obviously. But it is only the end result and the service delivery (or lack of it) that counts.

Either there are not enough staff (recruit more for busy periods or outsource it); the system is not good enough (invest in it so it works or outsource it); or it is simply down to piss poor planning and management (sack/ demote the person/ people responsible and get some experienced ticketing management in instead, or outsource it).

Simply not good enough for this club now and definitely not up to the superbia standards that the club has set itself, and is largely meeting, in every area of operations.

Some of us are so committed that we have no choice but to live with it but any new potential supporters interfacing with the club through this department may well have such a disappointing 'experience' that they can't be arsed in future. And those of us being asked to part with more and more cash may come to feel the same.

Yeah I pretty much agree with you - the technology seems to the fairly advanced as it can adjust the wait time announcements, but it just seems as if there aren't enough staff. I wouldn't mind if the web site was good enough that you didn't *need* to call them, but there are just some things that you can't do online, even when it is working!

The other thing that gets on my tits is the commentary while on-hold. Suppose it's a bit different, but winds me up.

1an3 said:
Balti said:
1an3 said:

Yeah I pretty much agree with you - the technology seems to the fairly advanced as it can adjust the wait time announcements, but it just seems as if there aren't enough staff. I wouldn't mind if the web site was good enough that you didn't *need* to call them, but there are just some things that you can't do online, even when it is working!

The other thing that gets on my tits is the commentary while on-hold. Suppose it's a bit different, but winds me up.

yep web would be best of course

is there anything worse than being held in an endless queue without knowing what the wait time is and having a robotic voice tell you how busy they are, that your call is valued etc before cutting you off after half an hour or even longer so you have to start again!! then do it all over again :-(

still we're fecking ace on the pitch now ;-)

Ive had problems too with the cup scheme got a text last sunday and also an email when i got to work tuesday. Tried calling sunday and Monday couldnt get through resorted to sending an email no response yet but the money has gone from my account. Worrying stuff.

Roger Ringpiece said:
Isn't this Danny Wilsons department ticketing?
Yes and it's quite bizarre how he can sort you out in minutes when you go directly to him.

tried to buy my first ticket online today - so frustrating.
the seat next to me and my mate is available for Napoli, so we wanted to buy it for my mates wife. Got the card number off a blue we know who cant go and inputted the details.
Kept saying ''this card holder has bought the permitted quantity of tickets for this game'' when clearly he hadnt!
In the end I had to call, took about 8 attempts of getting the engaged tone before getting through and being 8th in line with an estimated 22 min wait. And had to pay the extra £2.50 booking fee.......

also, is it me or does the whole ticket booking site look complicated. The whole thing is surrounded by pictures of players or fans or whoever..... and you have to try and findd the game you want etc rather than it being in front of you in an obvious place?

When you phone the ticket number and select 1 to buy tickets you go through to an agency thats nowt to do with City as far as i can see. They are pretty good,

But if yor query is anything out of the ordinary, they put you through, or tell you to dial option 3, which goes through to the club customer services. Last week they were dealing with the club relocates for the napoli game and the waiting time was around an hour at times. That is unacceptable, if they havnt got enough staff, then give the agency the ability to handle it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.