When we were kids....

Where was that. I don't remember any outdoor baths. We used to go to Broadway and Chadderton.
When Abraham Moss leisure center first opened we would go there.
We (Winsford, Mid/Cheshire) had our own mate and what a brilliant time as kids and teenagers we had there.Even now people still talk about the place and what we used to get up to in the late 1950s - 1970s.Place has long been shut, but you can`t erase the memories Barcon.I honestly remember my Mum and Dad my best mate and his Mum and Dad taking us to an outdoor baths right by Ringway Airport way back in either the very late 1950`s or early 1960`s.

Which was the one that had a cartoon caveman called Slug? He had a huge cock which dragged along the floor behind him.

Eh, all i know was the readers wives section had enough hair to keep Rooney with a full barnet for the rest of his life, he can go full scouser to due to the curly wurly nature of the fuckers.

Throwing2ps against the wall in school loose fags dinner tickets Dunlop green flash eye we made our own fun

Drinking fountains in parks.
Throwing stuff at the trains guard van (last carridge).
Dens on railways.
Silk football scarfs.
5 Park Drive tipped.
10 nr 10

We (Winsford, Mid/Cheshire) had our own mate and what a brilliant time as kids and teenagers we had there.Even now people still talk about the place and what we used to get up to in the late 1950s - 1970s.Place has long been shut, but you can`t erase the memories Barcon.I honestly remember my Mum and Dad my best mate and his Mum and Dad taking us to an outdoor baths right by Ringway Airport way back in either the very late 1950`s or early 1960`s.

Sounds like a blast Oakie. I only ever went in one outdoor pool and that was at Blackpool.
Moved here in 1978 and spent every min.. of the summer at the outdoor pool.

I convinced one of my mates that if he pissed on a piece of string and put it in his ear while standing on Ashton Moss near the radio masts he'd hear Piccadilly 261 but only if he cut it to the right length.

Don't know how I kept a straight face as he kept snipping little bits off it while shoving it in his ear.

I was part of a gang, but being the youngest, I was naive and easily influenced. We once robbed the local ice cream factory and sat on the hill opposite the train line. When we'd finished feasting on the teddy bear, vimto and cider lollies, screwballs and ice creams, a train full of Leeds fans got pelted with what we had left.

Last edited:
Going swimming in the council pool and coming out with your eyes stinging. Everyone used to think it was the chlorine but it was all the piss in the pool.

Throwing pennies against the wall, nearest keeper, for the life of me can't remember what it was called

Edit just read a few posts up, simple pleasures, including green flash too, must be similar age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.