When we were kids....

I was part of a gang, but being the youngest, I was naive and easily influenced. We once robbed the local ice cream factory and sat on the hill opposite the train line. When we'd finished feasting on the teddy bear, vimto and cider lollies, screwballs and ice creams, a train full of Leeds fans got pelted with what we had left.

We used to rob Pandolphos in Newton Heath every other night. We'd drop in through a skylight in the roof.
Boxes of flakes is all we could get.

Someone mentioned making bogeys. The best and fastest bogeys had Silver cross pram wheels on them and I managed to find some one day to the envy of most lads on our estate.

Small wheels on the front, large silver cross on the back, decked out with carpet and padded seat, clothes horse rope to steer, mine was the dogs bollocks of bogeys.

We'd race down a steep hill, about 3/4 of a mile long doing what must of been 30-40 mph. Never did suss out how to fit decent brakes though, and would often stop by digging the heels of my docs into the road. My mum gave me a back hander when I went home and she saw the state of the heels in my docs. Lol.

I actually saw some kids playing kerby the other day. Good to know this fine game is still being played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.