When / why did you become a City fan?

My beginning was similar, parents took me to both legs of the Youth Cup semifinal against the rags in 1964 but after that I was restricted to reserve matches until I finally persuaded them I was old enough for the first team when we drew 2-2 with Leicester FA cup 5th round, March 5th 1966.
My Dad was always bothered about fighting at the match, although he couldn't have been that mithered because he took me to the Derby at Old Trafford that season and there was loads of trouble that day.

My Mum was Utd and my Dad was City so until I was 8 I didn’t really know who to support - then my Dad played a blinder and took me to Newcastle away in 1968 and that was that - Mum eventually left the dark side and became a massive blue emote so after my Dad died in 1993 - great work Dad, thank you. Just wish he had seen what we’ve seen over the last 10 years.

Born in Gorton 1941 to a big city supporting family, so in Gorton in them days there could be no other team to support
We were born in Gorton then we moved to Moss Side
From there our name spread far and wide
Everybodies seen a sky blue shirt
From old age men with hair like snow
to 5 year olds who beg to go
Stood side by side, they watch their team with pride
And people ask who you support, and you tell em and they don't know why
Doesn't matter if we've won or lost, just as long as we've tried
No man u or arsenal for me, It's Bell, Lee, Summerbee
I'll be a Kippax kid until the day I die
Na, na, na, nananana City

My dad is a blue and his uncle took him to his first match probably early 50s. The family were around Crumpsall at the time. He took me to my first game in the 60s, pushing me through the same turnstile with him as was common with kids at the time. I have no idea of my first game, too young and too many. Unfortunately he has alzheimer's so I am unable to ask about his days as a blue. He would talk about the Revie plan, the cup finals, would chat for ages about City. Got me my first season ticket and went with me for much of the seventies. When I think what has happened in the last 10 years, I'm so grateful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.