When / why did you become a City fan?

My first ever game was at Maine road in 94 as a kid against Southampton we played out a classic 3-3 draw. My mum had 3 brothers all big City fans so I was always going to be blue. I still remember it like it was yesterday the atmosphere was so good i remember sitting there thinking wow this is amazing and now the rest is history.

My Dad took me to City reserves from 1969 to 73 and then to the first team in the 73 - 74 season. First game Norwich at Maine Road, 8th September, 2 -1. Also went to Old Trafford Derby that season, the Denis as done it one.
My beginning was similar, parents took me to both legs of the Youth Cup semifinal against the rags in 1964 but after that I was restricted to reserve matches until I finally persuaded them I was old enough for the first team when we drew 2-2 with Leicester FA cup 5th round, March 5th 1966.

I think the OP should change it to when and why did you become a City fan. Why, because we were all Blues at home. When was 1967..Just loved the King and collected all the comics and for years, had this cardboard cut out of him..Lived in Chorlton, Oswald Road school, and remember playtimes where it was thirty a side,City v rags and us kicking the hell out of each other over a tennis ball.. Saw the FA Cup parade in 1969 ..First match was I believe Wigan in a cup game in 70 ?? Must be the only Blue not at York, but despite many weekends ruined through the 80's 90's, stood by the club..In truth never ever imagined the success we have had of late.. can RIP after all the success of the last few years.

1962 when I was 9 years old.

I lived on Clifford Street, my aunt and uncle lived in the next street, Pickford Street near Brooks Bar.

My dad and aunt, both blues and my uncle a red took me to the derby at the swamp on 15 September. We won 3-2 with a last minute winner by Alex Harley with a thunderous strike.

Went to many games with my dad that season and for the last home game on 15 May 1963 the same group of us went to the return derby game and we drew 1-1. Denis Law dived for a penalty after a poor back pass by David Wagstaff to Harry Dowd and Albert Quixall scored.

We were relegated!

Im one of the “new” blues. Live in South Ireland but travel over nearly every week even for aways. Was never into football until I turned 9 which would have been the start of the 11/12 season, we were more of a hurling family but I remember the derby was on the TV in October 2011 , the whole Balotelli why always me thing was hillarious to me to someone with know context and obviously they went on to put 5 more in and I got hooked straight away and never looked back. Dad bought us a dodgy box and we watched every single game , even 3pms vs the likes of Stoke, Bolton, Blackburn etc and then went to my first game vs Chelsea on MNF when Nasri scored late. Since then I can remember any scoreline and any goalscorer of any City game, the rest of my years from 9 till now 20 growing up has been going to school coming home all excited to watch City. Still get called plastic which is fair enough, I accept it was a gloryhunting move, you dont think of that as a child haha. I know a good bit about the clubs history now as Ive grown up and talked to loads of blues on planes and at games/pubs
You can hardly be called plastic if you attend that many games mate. Your fully invested into the club now fella. I have no issues with any new fan like yourself. It's some of the ones u see on twitter who used to be Chelsea or United fans, but have jumped on the bandwagon recently and who don't attend games and will probably jump ship again if we hit a sticky patch in years too come.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.