When / why did you become a City fan?

Watching the big match in my nans on a Sunday in late 60s, early 70s. Thought they look decent. Only one other city fan in whole school in Coleraine Northern Ireland. Started work in 78, earned £15. Train Coleraine to Belfast, overnight ferry Belfast to Liverpool, train to Manchester. Match and straight after train Manchester to Liverpool, overnight ferry Saturday night Liverpool to Belfast and train to Coleraine. Leaving home Friday lunchtime and home Sunday lunchtime. Loved a holiday weekend such as Easter as stayed and got an away game as well. Did this for years and years until budget airlines came in. Moved to London 20 years ago and still go to odd games

My first game was 14th April 73 v Sheffield United. A grand stand seat ( posh ) 80pence

I was 12 abit late for my first game but living in broadstairs in kent had something to do with it lol.

My two kid brothers, dad and grandad, went ever Easter the highlight of the year. I wish it would have been possible to spend more time with my grandad. But back than the travelling was long. Grandad would post the football pink down to us ever week :) But it was nice to be able to be his first grandson to take him out for a beer. The Vic in Burnage I think, that was his local.

Not read all the thread and I suspect this has already been said.. but I didn’t become a fan at a particular point, it was just part of life at home; City was / is our club as a family! Same with my son, it was part of his routine when he was too young to know any different. Brainwashed might be the word I’m looking for.

Easter 1969 (I was 6) My aunt bought my brother (4) and me blazers with football badges to make them cool. I got City and he got west ham and thats who we have followed ever since

I probably have @ancoats to thank for me being a blue.

Him and a few of the older lads on the estate was big blues and if it wasn't for him and and his kid brother and other older lads on the gang letting me tag along then god knows what might have happened.

It was special and Nobody went for the glory, it was just the crack and love of being a Manchester city fan
not easy back then on the hillock estate jumping the bus or train from Whitefield into town then walking from town to moss side and that was for a Saturday game never mind a dark and wet midweek game hahaha

we had our little gang and went home and away and BIG sid driving in that ford fiesta mark 2 XRS2 we looked the bollocks,

thanks lee, great words means the world, and we have to do a special game again and try and get the old gang to a game, maybe Trevor Sinclair could sort on box out for us hahahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.