When / why did you become a City fan?

August 20th 1977 - taken to the game with schoolmate for his birthday. Had only really watched cup finals on tv before that so had no allegiance towards any team…..

Soon as City ran out - there was only 1 team for me from that day onwards.

Mind you they’ve tested my patience a fair few times in the following years

For me it was a certain game called premier manager 98, me and my friends (aged 9) decided to play with teams from the second division and I picked a team that looked like my local team (malmö ff). As I grew older I quiet liked the idea of supporting a team noone else did (at my school it was Barcelona, Real Madrid, united, Liverpool and Arsenal), it was like having a secret lover. I liked it so much that I stopped caring about any other team.

It was also nice to never be called a ”glory hunter” when we became succesful.

probably around 1980...think i went to my first game at around age 5 at Maine Road....Kippax stand (North stand end), sat on a wall as no way i could see otherwise....with my dad and Grandad who were/are both life long city fans so it was always destiny that I would be.
No idea who it was against........

1969 12 years old been in Hospital for two weeks in Wigan and only one watching FA cup final , been a diehard City fan ever since..Luckiest fan as I am a massive Leigh rugby league fan so watch sport 12 months of the year , no boring summer weekends as it’s rugby league time.
Love rugby league used to go on Wigan every Sunday in the Central Park days becoming a fan after the 1985 challenge Cup final. But Sky have ruined it at the top level with few afternoon kick offs. Cricket at Fleetwood and occasionally OT gets me through the summer, but can't wait for footy to come back.

How I became a blue is unbelievable considering I'm c of e the pope turned up at my christening to tell the congregation I should be baptised as a blue soldier of christ and the man u should fuck off

As a child my step dad was a united fan he took me to an FA cup semi final replay at maine road, Rags Vs dippers and I fell in love with the place, been hooked ever since, I'm the only Blue in my family, well apart from my kids who get no choice

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.