When / why did you become a City fan?

I first became interested in City in 2010 after the World Cup.

I loved the WC and wanted to find a team to route for. I read that Manchester City were investing heavily in top players and had ambitions to become the best side in world football. I took a a chance and started watching City every chance I could. Deciding to become a City fan was the best sports decision I ever made.

Last edited:
August 20th 1977 - taken to the game with schoolmate for his birthday. Had only really watched cup finals on tv before that so had no allegiance towards any team…..

Soon as City ran out - there was only 1 team for me from that day onwards.

Mind you they’ve tested my patience a fair few times in the following years
Yes all downhill after that season.

5 February 1955 - beat Cardiff 4-1 at home. We lived half a mile from Old Trafford so the following week I went to the game on 12 February and we hammered them 5-0.

My name is the giveaway …
Born in 63 and my old man was a lapsed rag.
In March ‘65 my next door neighbour signed for City.
Colin was an apprentice at Bury and lodged next door, even after he signed at Maine Rd.
Over the years he got us tickets and signed memorabilia, footballs that I used, a signed copy of Shoot when Colin was on the front cover and I was in the Daily Mirror with Colin’s walking stick on my head as he recovered from an injury. (Not the twat Buchan injury)
All lost in time, apart from the program from Cup Winners Cup Final v. Gornik Zabre.
Anyway season ticket for a few years in the ‘80’s … then moved to London.
And now, still based in London, had a season ticket for 25+years.
First game I distinctly remember was 8th November 1971 3-3 derby, on the Kippax, at Maine Road.
He is now responsible for my two younger brothers, daughter & 7 nephews all being ctwd!

1993 I think, I was really into suffering at the time. Now I get to watch United suffer and it makes it alllllll worth it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.