When / why did you become a City fan?

Really simple. Both granddad's were city fans. One did the old city one week, united the next but at a pinch was a blue. I was born in Salford. My dad was a fan. Although liked rugby league more - Swinton poor sod. I have always been a blue. Daughters both blues. All uncles blues. Mum was through marriage. My older brother is a red. But I love him to pieces. Basically family is 80% blue. I knew nothing else..... Even living in M6

Really simple. Both granddad's were city fans. One did the old city one week, united the next but at a pinch was a blue. I was born in Salford. My dad was a fan. Although liked rugby league more - Swinton poor sod. I have always been a blue. Daughters both blues. All uncles blues. Mum was through marriage. My older brother is a red. But I love him to pieces. Basically family is 80% blue. I knew nothing else..... Even living in M6
Salford? You're clearly an undercover rag!

;-)

Various reasons which amalgamated into being a blue. From an entirely nonfootball family.

Elder Sister became a red - had to do opposite.
Watching older kids throw themselves into the air, landing on the concrete playground , trying to emulate Dennis Tueart overhead kick.
All 3x neighbours kids being City fans.
Getting Peter Barnes autograph at the local shoe shop celebrity opening.
Being allowed to watch City win 6-1 against Norwich (iirc) on Match of the day, whilst at some 1st cousins once removed (now ‘famous’ for appearing in crowd for England games, dressed in imitation st George chainmail).

Those all happened within a short period of time, so it was inevitable!

I was about 7 and at the time loved Sheffield Utd (cos of the kit basically) but my Bessie mate at the time supported City and we agreed to swap -and that was it (in c1966)

Original glory hunter, as a young boy late sixties, when the club won the league, FA cup, league cup, cup winners cup. #NOHISTORY.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.