When / why did you become a City fan?

Born into it, Mum's side of the family lived around Maine Road, my Dad and Grandad took me to my first game in 1977.

Besides, it had to be - sky blue is my favourite colour, the colour of peace, hope, and CITY!

Remember during the Chelsea game in 2012 (Tevez's return) was watching in a Farringdon London pub with a group of City fans. One of them told me that he was originally from Newcastle, but was seduced to City as a kid by Dennis Tueart, King of the Geordies.

I have no family ties with city and was born in Newcastle upon Tyne, my dad took me to a cup game at St James Park mid to late 70s against city I just remember a good portion of the gallowgate end being sky blue they never stopped singing,from that day on I was hooked the rest is history,so I have my old man to thank

The infamous penalty spot paintbrush match away to Derby County in 1977.
City were pipped 0-4, but the level of football (even on a beach of a pitch) was way above anything I had seen as a Cardiff City fan.
Moved to Manchester in 1980, and went to Maine Road, as lived in Hulme.
Went to the Swamp with mates, but Maine Road and City fans were a much better laugh, with better pubs (loved the Osbourne, Gardeners & the WMC).
Our 3 kids are all mad City fans and grew up during the shite times, so they are still pinching themselves...

I was born abroad but brought up in Manchester moved there where my Dad was from aged four Can't remember not supporting City, you either supported City or United and I can't remember why I chose City, I was about six or seven at the time.

Remember during the Chelsea game in 2012 (Tevez's return) was watching in a Farringdon London pub with a group of City fans. One of them told me that he was originally from Newcastle, but was seduced to City as a kid by Dennis Tueart, King of the Geordies.

I’m assuming The City Pride? Don’t recall meeting a Geordie myself but there were a range of characters in there.

I was at the match myself but Prestwich Blue may have been in.

i was a fan before the takeover, choose them in Fifa 04 as a team when was 11, freaking loved that Eagle logo.

Probably posted it earlier in the thread

But started looking for City's results when my first ever footballing hero was transferred from Hearts to City

Arthur Mann

Many many years of hurt and frustration followed but now both clubs are doing so well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.