When / why did you become a City fan?

Yes, those tangerine shirts are striking, aren't they? Does anyone else in all four divisions wear that colour? I strongly doubt it.
I have no clear memory of ever standing (or sitting) on the Scoreboard end, either before or after redevelopment. I think I only sat in the main stand twice. It was Platt Lane a few times, and then mostly the Kippax. It was cheaper. And that's where the lads were!
Luton seem to have something similar but I've never seen a Luton shirt next to a Blackpool shirt so there may be several shades difference.

Walked into the InterSport on Princes Street in Edinburgh with my birthday money, 1988, 11 years old . Saw a nice looking sky blue top i liked and it was in the sale so got it and a new ball. Never had a team at that point but started looking out for City after that.

My mates dad was the only one on the estate with a car and they were big D/Siders, as was everyone in the late fifties.So went with them to the swamp twice (only remember Chelsea and Burn Young Boys, which was a bit scary as a kid)
Even then, I felt out of place with all the sycophantic hysteria around them.
It was a few years later ,before I was old enough to go to Maine Road and discover my true home.

Luton seem to have something similar but I've never seen a Luton shirt next to a Blackpool shirt so there may be several shades difference.

If you set the adult shirts for sale side by side in two windows on your desktop (if you've got a desktop), and if the screen can be trusted (not always the case where colours are concerned), you can clearly see that there's a degree more yellow in the Blackpool top. it's decidedly brighter, even harsher. In short, Luton is the colour of oranges; Blackpool is the colour of tangerines!

Watched them for the first time in August 1966, at Pittodrie Park, Aberdeen, home of Aberdeen FC. I was, and still am an Aberdeen fan and although living in Orkney I have supported City since that day. The City team that day were full of players I'd only read about in newspapers and seen occasionally on TV, but were to became City legends - Book, Summerbee, Bell, Pardoe and Young. City were to lose 2-1, but this was the start of something exciting happening at Maine Road.

In 1966 football was the big thing with the world cup. Almost everyone at school was a rag. I was 14 at the time and like my mates a bit of a rebel. It was an easy decision to follow the blues. I went with my mates to Maine Rd and was hooked. Been going ever since and my son and now grandkids are also season ticket holders. Even though he lives in County Durham he comes down every fortnight for the match.
To support our club is a privilege and this last decade I will remember till the day I die.
Once a blue always a blue.CTID

Walked into the InterSport on Princes Street in Edinburgh with my birthday money, 1988, 11 years old . Saw a nice looking sky blue top i liked and it was in the sale so got it and a new ball. Never had a team at that point but started looking out for City after that.
genuinely a very similar (Edinburgh based) story with me.

2004, aged 10, down at SportsDirect in fort kinnaird retail park, and they had the 2003/2004 red and black first advice away shirt on sale for like £10. Havent looked back since!

Was raised in Sussex, a rag stronghold but with both parents born and raised in Manchester and the rest of my family still in Stretford and Chorlton. Was taken to watch the rags a few times as they were decent in the 90s so I've been told, but then my Mum took us to Maine Road and I just fell in love, and always preferred blue. Was around 97 the love affair began, and boy did it take some time for that call to pay off but it's been wonderful.

Season ticket followed in the 2000s and whilst at uni before I gave it up halfway through the 2010/11 season and went to Oz for a couple of years missing the FA Cup win and Aguero moment. Returned to pick up where I left off with a trip to the cup final against Wigan. Can't remember how that one went.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.